Festive 500 anyone ?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

thenorthwind

Re: Festive 500 anyone ?

Post by thenorthwind »

I did it last year and really enjoyed it - a few of the rides were a bit Type 2, but the feeling of having done it was great, especially since I got a last big ride in the day we all got told not to go very far again. Had wanted to do it for a few years, but always doing family stuff, and I'm happy to prioritise that. I won't be doing it this year, because, again family stuff, though I am doing a couple of days riding.

I was a bit scornful of allowing people to do it indoors, but I could see the thinking last year, and it's not my event and it's free to enter, so I don't get to make the rules. I do get to not enter though, so while I put all my rides on Strava, I didn't enter the challenge: I can add up the numbers myself and I don't need a PDF with a badge. For an actual badge, I might have bent my principles :wink:
gairym

Re: Festive 500 anyone ?

Post by gairym »

I very much like the idea of a nice challenge during said period in order to get me out and riding when I would otherwise be sat in the house shovelling after eights inside me 9-17h and then Turkey leftovers and booze from 17-23h.

But.....I live in the mountains and every year I initially start thinking that this year I'll finally do it and then the reality of the cold, the ice, the wet, the logistics and just how much I would need to commit to it sets in and before you know it I've sunk back into the sofa and begun thinking about what new and exciting toppings I'll try out on my Turkey sandwiches this year that I've never tried before.

Ho-hum..... I'll do it one year.