TransPyr anyone....?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

gairym

Re: TransPyr anyone....?

Post by gairym »

you got some nice shots there Kevin - congrats on finishing the beast.

you should be in fine shape for this years other big trips after that little warm-up!
mountainbaker

Post by mountainbaker »

Any of you know of a route for this online? Going to do it in the summer with some friends from Barcelona, so will ride Atlantic to med and finish in Barcelona. Not many decent routes to be found online :(
gairym

Post by gairym »

I've got some somewhere - remind me again if (when) I forget over the festive period and I'll dig 'em out and send 'em on over.
DoctorRad

Post by DoctorRad »

Typically how long camp-to-camp for a trip like this?
mountainbaker

Post by mountainbaker »

Thanks Gairy, will remind you in the new year, if I remember.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Hi Mountainbaker, My advice, given that I did the route finding for this trip and completed it in 11 days, is to look at this http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/find.do? ... m=20&to=30 which is on a site called Wikiloc. You will find this site has a wealth of routes, particularly in Spain, all of which can be downloaded to Garmin GPS's. Also if you have contacts in Spain, try to get hold of La Traversa de los Pireneos en BTT published by Prames. It has strip maps of the route and has recently been updated to account for some route changes. It splits the route into 16 sections so we had to do a bit of modding to condense it to 11 days. This was very valuable when we had to do a bit of re-routing due to snow over 1700m and mechanicals. Well worth the cost IMO.
Cheers
Duncan
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Or this link http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=3072459 for an overview of the route, most seem to ride East to West , you may encounter a lot of pushing if doing it the other way.