Get a map Q.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Get a map Q.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

With the demise of bikehike, I'm now working with OS Get a map. My question is, in what format does it save a gpx file? I assuming it does so as a route rather than track? If this is the case, can someone point me in the direction of somewhere I can convert it?

Thank you :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
Dave Barter

Re: Get a map Q.

Post by Dave Barter »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:45 am With the demise of bikehike, I'm now working with OS Get a map. My question is, in what format does it save a gpx file? I assuming it does so as a route rather than track? If this is the case, can someone point me in the direction of somewhere I can convert it?

Thank you :-bd
You are correct, it's rubbish and I've told them. They gave me some wooly reply saying they know but I doubt it will change soon.

This should do what you want https://www.alltrails.com/converter
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
DickieH

Post by DickieH »

Is that the same as OS maps online? I have a subsription there. I Imported a gpx ... can't see how to edit it :-(

Come back bikehike! Reverse route, cut to end, clickety click, save route as gpx track, bosh!

I emailed them but heard nowt, not looking good is it?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Is that the same as OS maps online?
I assume so.

Ta Dave.
samwise

Post by samwise »

On OS maps online, once you have imported the route you can edit direct from your list of routes or 'View' it, then hidden in the top left hand corner is the 'Edit' button which opens the route editor.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

On OS maps online, once you have imported the route you can edit direct from your list of routes or 'View' it, then hidden in the top left hand corner is the 'Edit' button which opens the route editor.
No, I'm not importing a file. I'm making a route on-line that I want to save as a gpx track. I'm thinking that the site will only save as a gpx route, with no option to switch format.
DickieH

Post by DickieH »

Twas me mentioned importing and not being able to edit. I can see how to edit the name and type of ride, but can't edit the route (gpx track created on bikehike) at all! Looks like I'll need to re-create it from scratch.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

DickieH wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:00 pm Twas me mentioned importing and not being able to edit. I can see how to edit the name and type of ride, but can't edit the route (gpx track created on bikehike) at all! Looks like I'll need to re-create it from scratch.
- Open OS Maps
- Click Routes at top
- Click My Routes
- Find your route then click "Edit" and you will then get the edit bar and can change stuff
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:27 pm I'm thinking that the site will only save as a gpx route, with no option to switch format.
Correct. Basecamp converts easily from one to t'other
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

+1 for basecamp
Even moreso, if you install the TalkyToaster Mao's (free or subscribed versions)
DickieH

Post by DickieH »

Dave Barter wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:52 pm
DickieH wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:00 pm Twas me mentioned importing and not being able to edit. I can see how to edit the name and type of ride, but can't edit the route (gpx track created on bikehike) at all! Looks like I'll need to re-create it from scratch.
- Open OS Maps
- Click Routes at top
- Click My Routes
- Find your route then click "Edit" and you will then get the edit bar and can change stuff
Thanks Dave. Weirdly it didn't work for me the other day (no intermediate waypoints showed) but now it does. Looks pretty good editing actually.