Does it feel like winter everywhere?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

belugabob

Re: Does it feel like winter everywhere?

Post by belugabob »

For various reasons, I've not been out much, over the last few months, so feel that I haven't really experienced summer yet. Hoping to do some autumn riding, though
faustus

Post by faustus »

Well down south it's not been that warm or sunny, but it has been pretty dry - in august anyway. I really like autumn and dislike sticky hot weather so it suits me just fine. Also my work involves reducing demand for water, and this summer has been a very welcome reprieve from recent hot summers that have seen demand hit record levels. Nice to see river levels around average and supplies not taking a hammering :cool:
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

For what its worth the long range forecast for winter 21/22 is dry and cold.
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
Kumquat

Post by Kumquat »

Early Autumn here in Brittany.
23C
Sunny
Trails still dusty.
Dark at 21.30.
Hopefully it will stay pleasant until late October.
Grubby little urchin.
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

No.

We didn't have the untypical come typical climate change summer killer heat these last couple of months, yet far from winter.

The light dusting we encountered out riding last week above 2900 m is fairly usual for any given month in the Alps. It just takes a cold weather front of which we usually get at least one each month. Really looking forward to the colder months, end of August was great and surely more grand (cool, crystal clear air, low morning fog, night frost, stark kontrasts etc.) stuff weather wise to come very soon.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Almost 7pm. 18C outside. Not a cloud to be seen. I've just had a lovely ride up to Coire Cas and back in shorts and short sleeves. It's supposed to be warmer the next couple of days. 3 weeks to Autumn.
arkay

Post by arkay »

ScotRoutes wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:52 pm Almost 7pm. 18C outside. Not a cloud to be seen. I've just had a lovely ride up to Coire Cas and back in shorts and short sleeves. It's supposed to be warmer the next couple of days. 3 weeks to Autumn.
All the clouds are down here. Apparently it’s been the least sunny August on record at Heathrow. It’s been quite dry but very cloudy and often with a cold wind too, making typical lazy summer activities less pleasant than usual. Good weather for more strenuous rides though.
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

I went our stand up paddle boarding today on the Clyde wearing boardshorts and a rashie, it was really warm, trying to make the most of us having better weather than you lot down south (which doesn't happen very often).
ImageSUP by Jurassic690, on Flickr
ImageSUP by Jurassic690, on Flickr
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Aye its been braw out East as well. Just spoke to Mum and Dad in Durham and its been dreich all day there!
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

Kumquat wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:42 pm Early Autumn here in Brittany.
23C
Sunny
Trails still dusty.
Dark at 21.30.
Hopefully it will stay pleasant until late October.
It was mentioned in the forecast I saw that rainfall, or lack of, in northern France constituted drought conditions and 21/22 winter would not replenish water supplies.
Expect floods. :roll:
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.