Weekend plans?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

PaulB2

Re: Weekend plans?

Post by PaulB2 »

My missus has had the mad idea to go to Barmouth for the day on Sunday. Wish me luck.
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Great Lake 3 Day. First multi day race in a while, quite looking forward to it. Though also moderately nervous. Legs feel ok, hoping head is as well!
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Wish me luck.
I believe you'll need it ... the other week the traffic getting in to Barmouth was backed up to Dol'. I'd estimate that's about 7 miles :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:20 pm
Wish me luck.
I believe you'll need it ... the other week the traffic getting in to Barmouth was backed up to Dol'. I'd estimate that's about 7 miles :-bd
Ugh, sounds fun. I've already planned for bailout points at Shrewsbury and Welshpool but there isn't a lot between Welshpool and Dol' that I can think of - I've been to the spa and the pub in Llanfair Caereineion but don't think they'll count as attractions for the others in the car :grin:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've been to the spa and the pub in Llanfair Caereineion but don't think they'll count as attractions for the others in the car :grin:
They've got a spa - when did that happen ? :shock:
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

Autocorrect is a wonderful thing at times, but not all the time.

I showed the missus your note and we're not going to Barmouth now so, ta, I've dodged a bullet. :grin:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Paypal to the usual address, ta. :wink:
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

I was hoping to enjoy the view from the newly fitted roof light in the loft space that'll be used as storage and kids/bike toys etc... But the roofer fitted it half-overlapping the staira/hatch so it's a bit of a pain sitting there (not tall enough for a bedroom)...

Did ask when he was bringing the window up the stairs why he/they didn't make the hole 1 more rafter in. Got told it was trategic as the chimney would then block the light anyway! Not really sure if he made that up on the spot :smile: guess I'll never really know...

They came in via the outside... straight up the ladder and over the roof-arch like monkeys. Amazing talents of fear-free from heights...

NB. Second pic taken with flash on.
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Just finished sorting my hay so I’ve got the slaughter man coming for one of the pigs tomorrow. It’s going to be black pudding making and hide scraping time for us.
Once all that is done it’ll be up to the Moor for some camping with the kids. I have Wednesday pencilled in for riding - testing the last unridden parts of the Dartmoor 200 route before doing the whole thing in September.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

JohnClimber wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:35 pm A Saturday night bike bivi after tea locally (if I can get a pass from SWMBO :roll: ) and a long ride home on Sunday morning
Pass granted :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

PaulB2 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:33 pm I showed the missus your note and we're not going to Barmouth now so, ta, I've dodged a bullet. :grin:
She wants to go to Aber instead. Bullet still in flight, bad luck :grin: . Ya can't escape the Cambrian coast vortex :wink: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

Nah, I’ve convinced SWMBO that trip to the chase will be much easier and the kids will like it just as much anyway.
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

Swim last night. Sunny hilly 100k road ride knocked off today so that's it off to a good start :-bd

Swim later and suicide squad, but I guess we'd better cut the grass while it's dry too :sad:
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

We came 2nd
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

:-bd I imagine that means you didn't get a dunking?
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Gardening? you can stuff it! - nearly cut my pinky off with the loppers and ended up in A&E for an hour. Interestingly, the kind Nurse fixed it with superglue, which is a top tip I reckon.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

htrider wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:36 pm Gardening? you can stuff it! - nearly cut my pinky off with the loppers and ended up in A&E for an hour. Interestingly, the kind Nurse fixed it with superglue, which is a top tip I reckon.

Oops!

Hope it wasn't too serious Phil. Superglue to fix cuts is an old climber's trick.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

whitestone wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:52 pm
htrider wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:36 pm Gardening? you can stuff it! - nearly cut my pinky off with the loppers and ended up in A&E for an hour. Interestingly, the kind Nurse fixed it with superglue, which is a top tip I reckon.

Oops!

Hope it wasn't too serious Phil. Superglue to fix cuts is an old climber's trick.
It’s also what super glue was invented for.
First use in Vietnam.
Ever wondered why it sticks your fingers better than the thing it is you are trying to mend.
It’s very useful for reinstalling the inside bits of squaddies that find themselves on the outside of squaddies.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

:lol:
Nah, I sprayed blood all over the place though - it looked like I'd slaughtered a pig in the kitchen by the time I'd taped it up.
I knew that about how superglue was invented but forgot until the nurse told me. Otherwise I would not have troubled the NHS and stuck it up myself!
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

htrider wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:10 pm I knew that about how superglue was invented but forgot until the nurse told me. Otherwise I would not have troubled the NHS and stuck it up myself!
You are meant to apply it to the wound! :lol:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

whitestone wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:25 pm
htrider wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:10 pm I knew that about how superglue was invented but forgot until the nurse told me. Otherwise I would not have troubled the NHS and stuck it up myself!
You are meant to apply it to the wound! :lol:
:lol: :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

:YMSICK: Would certainly raise being 'bunged up' to a whole new level of uncomfortable straining.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

ergaster

Post by ergaster »

Just come off a run of nights this morning and slept most of today. Out for a ride with friends in the morning, hopefully the in-laws will feed me in the afternoon then I'm planning on a solo Sunday night. Thinking I'll just ride around my local plantations and see what I find.

I'm supposed to be meeting friends Monday morning in a cafe and I'm in two minds whether to turn up stinking from my over-nighter :lol:
“‘What day is it?’ asked Pooh.
‘It’s today,’ squeaked Piglet.
‘My favourite day,’ said Pooh.”
RIP

Post by RIP »

We think you already know which of those two minds has the upper hand :wink: .

Alan63

Post by Alan63 »

Bivvy a month for Fraser and I
BaM 2021