Sold: Six Moons Lunar Duo

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Pirahna

Sold: Six Moons Lunar Duo

Post by Pirahna »

My Six Moons Lunar Duo is for sale. It's had at most 4 nights use, all on campsites with wifey and is in "as new" condition. It includes 2 x 45 inch Six Moons poles, you'll need to supply your own pegs. A bargain at £250 collected from Bishop's Stortford. If you want it posted that'll be whatever it costs.

Not my back garden sadly, it's the village hall with someone working on their allotment.

Last edited by Pirahna on Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ton

Re: Six Moons Lunar Duo

Post by ton »

i fancy this, just wondering if i will fit a 6ft 4''
and how small it packs away.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Pack size is approx 16 inches long and 5.5 inches across. This is in it's stuff sack, it will compress a bit.

I'm 6'1 and have room to spare, the dimensions from Six Moons are

TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Tony, you could play squash in these things. They are huge.

I had one for a few years and got reasonable use from it camping with my kids and a couple of road tours. It happily took me (6'2" and a bit of a unit) and both my kids on full size mats. I moved it on after a year of neglect once the kids decided they didn't like camping with me because I snore and insisted all our food be prepared on a Trangia rather than eating at pubs.

One thing to consider is that it's a single skin and needs thoughtful pitching to avoid condensation. Much easier than the Lunar Solo IME though. And if you're using it in a multi-day trip and it rains everyday, everything will be wet all the time, as my son learned on his Gold DOFE.

Great tent though. I'd happily have another one if I didn't have an MLD Duomid (thanks again Steve)

£250 for this which looks as new is a good price. If you buy it, get some poles from Stu. The SMD ones are a bit bendy.
Last edited by TheBrownDog on Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just going outside ...
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_a1gA4OoZ8
Tony - hiker review (he's 6'6") and shows both pitching and him fitting in it (skip to about 18 mins if you want to avoid all the usual 'unboxing' type stuff).
IF you don't go for it (assuming you already have :-)) I might be interested too....
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

99percentchimp wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:39 pm
IF you don't go for it (assuming you already have :-)) I might be interested too....
Not heard a word.
ton

Post by ton »

sorry, just realised i had not replied about this.
gonna keep looking. i want something a bit more robust i think.
me and the wife camp whilst away touring. got a vaude taurus at present which as been good.
might even bite the bullet and get a hilleberg.