Unite co rings

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

journeyman

Unite co rings

Post by journeyman »

Hello everyone, has anyone experience of chainrings for sram eagle made by unite co? Theyre half the price of sram so obviously big question is are they any good? Im replacing my drive chain for the HT550 as well as other things so cash is running through my hands like water at the moment. Any feed back on unite, whether to stick to sram or other suggestions would be appreciated. its nx - heavy but has been bombproof so far.
johnnystorm

Re: Unite co rings

Post by johnnystorm »

I can only say that I have one, waiting to go on when my current raceface one is toast or that I decide 34x42 would be less grief than 36x42.

If nothing else it looks like a quality item.
robbie

Post by robbie »

I've fitted an oval one recently to replace the nx one as it was knackered after 1500kms.
The unite one is half the weight and so far seems good, when I first fitted it and for about 10kms on my first ride it would cause the chain to pull under and stick. This quickly wore off and has been fine so far although I've only got a hundred miles or so on it. Currently looking at cassetttes to replace my NX and not sure if I should just go all in for the XX1 :shock:
The weight saving is great on the dearer cassettes.
substandard

Post by substandard »

robbie wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:54 pm I've fitted an oval one recently to replace the nx one as it was knackered after 1500kms.
The unite one is half the weight and so far seems good, when I first fitted it and for about 10kms on my first ride it would cause the chain to pull under and stick. This quickly wore off and has been fine so far although I've only got a hundred miles or so on it. Currently looking at cassetttes to replace my NX and not sure if I should just go all in for the XX1 :shock:
Have a look at garbaruk cassettes, works of art and lighter than srams top of the range stuff, I’ve put a lot of miles on the two I have and they’ve been faultless, being steel they wear well too,
robbie

Post by robbie »

substandard wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:39 pm
robbie wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:54 pm I've fitted an oval one recently to replace the nx one as it was knackered after 1500kms.
Have a look at garbaruk cassettes, works of art and lighter than srams top of the range stuff, I’ve put a lot of miles on the two I have and they’ve been faultless, being steel they wear well too,
Garbaruk ones not available for a few months unfortunetly. Did think about E thirteen but not sure on quality.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Used a few Superstar rings and they seem to last as well as Race face - £30 instead of £50
journeyman

Post by journeyman »

gone for superstar as they also do jockey wheels for rear mech. thanks for replies!