Well done everyone.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Well done everyone.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Perhaps a strange post but when did that ever stop anyone?

As I was hobbling round the forest this afternoon, it dawned on me how it's basically 12 months since restrictions were put in place. With restrictions on both travel and spending time outside (especially overnight) it would be easy to imagine that something which largely revolves around those things would cease to function - yet, here we still all are. Perhaps it's testament to peoples imaginations and the ability to 'talk' about anything? Anyway, well done to everyone for keeping the place bobbing along while we wait out the storm :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
fatbikephil

Re: Well done everyone.

Post by fatbikephil »

T'aint over 'till its over....
I think its worse knowing that there is a light at the end of the tunnel but it could take a while to reach it, than when it all kicked off and no one had a clue what was going on. Memo to self - don't go mad....
RIP

Post by RIP »

:-bd . Aye it's mebbe taken a bit more effort, and possibly some things may have been a little contrived but it's certainly been interesting. In some ways I'll rather miss it.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

T'aint over 'till its over....
True but I get a feeling that it'll be very hard to pop the lid back on after Easter.
darbeze

Post by darbeze »

I love popping on and reading what people are up to.

I haven't had much to say, but the forum and newsletters have been really important to me.

So thank YOU!

It will certainly be great to get out into the further away great outdoors 😁

Si
Karl

Post by Karl »

I second Si's comments. Thanks everyone

Can't wait to catch up with everyone :-bd
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

I think I've spent more time on here since the lockdowns began. But perhaps that's not surprising.

It's definitely helped, and is helping, me not go mad, so cheers Stu, and everyone else :cool:
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

I've enjoyed coming here and mostly reading posts as I've not really had anything important to say. This forum strange place, but a place I wouldn't change.
AndreR

Post by AndreR »

htrider wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:18 pm T'aint over 'till its over....
...knowing that there is a light at the end of the tunnel... Memo to self - don't go mad....
Not wanting to put a downer on things but too often in my experience the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be some Pratt with a torch bringing more work!! :grin:

Also really enjoy popping in here most days for a little R&R as it were.
If at first you don't succeed you're running about average!

Introverts Unite! We are here, we are uncomfortable and we want to go home.
ootini

Post by ootini »

Arm chair bikepacking. I'm in my element!

In all seriousness, I've not been on as much as I used to, but thats mainly due to massive increase in workload, longer hours etc.
I genuinely cannot wait to get out "properly" again.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

I don't think I deserve a well done btw... this BAM I'd packed and was ready to sleep on thw roadside. Thankfully my body and mind had other ideas and I ended up in the back garden anyway.

I'm a miserable failure (that's worse than just being a 'miserable' or a 'failure'). Was gonna call the ride 'Dear Boris, we won't listen, nor will we obey' in retaliation to all his racism, Islamophobism, brexitism etc etc...

Didn't happen and I named the ride after a verse talking of Mary (peace be on her and Jesus) in the chapter named after her (from the Quran).

Anyway, just thought to share my 'lawbreakingness :o almost...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

In this case Shaf', it really is about the taking part because there is no 'winning' and no one can ever accuse you of not taking part fella :-bd
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:47 pm In this case Shaf', it really is about the taking part because there is no 'winning' and no one can ever accuse you of not taking part fella :-bd
Hear, hear :-bd
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:47 pm In this case Shaf', it really is about the taking part because there is no 'winning' and no one can ever accuse you of not taking part fella :-bd
Thanks Stu... very much appreciated. One thing I will say is that its the first time I had 2 proper incidents in a very long time. They were as follows:

1. Dump truck going uphill waited patiently before overtaking. 2 young chavs (is that politically incorrect yet or we still good with it :???: ) behind him on the moped. One of em shouts 'gerr-off the road'. I shout back with something Dave would be pleased of. They didn't get very far as they couldn't overtake the dump truck anyway. But the young one on the back kept looking back to the point I had to start preparing myself mentally (for a brawl :o ). Somewhere between Chesterfield and Belper.

2. I was well on the way back home by now. Minding my own business and about 6 miles remainder before home, coffee, back yard bivy. Some more chavs (this time local asian prototypes) went past (in a Toyota of some sort... not too big, nor too small, so I'd put em in their early 20s). Pitch black with my lovely Exposure on medium-blast. Street lighting somewhere, maybe up yonder. SPLASH, then a big laff. The chav in the passenger seat had done a 'Dukes of Hazzard' and sat outta the window, got up close and thrown a laod of water from a 5L bottle (I saw it as he tucked his sorry self back in the car.

Tried to give chase, but no foul language. Just a polite, 'oh, thanks'. They kind of did me a favour as I was steaming a little up the hill before the splashing (all over my back). Thankfully the chase involved a 9% climb and by the time I'd reached the traffic lights they were long gone....

Interesting ride but well worth it and the BAM is strong (in me) this time... :smile:
Verena

Post by Verena »

ootini wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:52 pm Arm chair bikepacking. I'm in my element!
I know, me too :-bd !

All that actually going out there is a bit of a nuisance really... :wink:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Easy enough to do both at once :grin:

"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Verena

Post by Verena »

RIP wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:21 am Easy enough to do both at once :grin:

Yep. Lockdown has not been kind to me :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

:lol: I'm not sayin' nuffin'

AndreR

Post by AndreR »

RIP wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:20 am :lol: I'm not sayin' nuffin'
As they say in South Africa in a different language sir, A quiet mouth is a whole mouth.
If at first you don't succeed you're running about average!

Introverts Unite! We are here, we are uncomfortable and we want to go home.