Crank Bros Candy vs Eggbeater

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

rocklobstercat

Crank Bros Candy vs Eggbeater

Post by rocklobstercat »

I've been using eggbeaters for a few years now and really like them. I've recently bought some Shimano MW7 shoes and have noticed the soles aren't as stiff as my other shoes. I can feel a difference in less power transfer through the eggbeater pedals. I've been looking at the Candy 1's and see they have a bit of a platform on them. Has anyone got any experiences with these pedals? Would the platform help with increasing power transfer with less stiff shoes?
ScotRoutes

Re: Crank Bros Candy vs Eggbeater

Post by ScotRoutes »

I've no idea about Power Transfer but they're definitely more comfortable than Eggbeaters if you have a soft sole.

FWIW I would avoid the Candy 1s and go for the 3 and up. Build quality is better (reflected in the warranty) and the 3s are more serviceable.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

I ran a set of candy 11’s for a while, they don’t have a huge platform, it’s a good landing pad for when you have to unclip, due to some foot problems I swapped them for Mallet E-11’s, they helped with the feet but I also like the solid feel, much better control.
You wouldn’t think it would make much difference with clipless pedals but I wouldn’t change back, definitely worth the extra weight.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Prefer the extra sides of the candy style pedal compared to the original style.

Not sure if there is much (any) difference in power transfer, would image more of that would come from the shoe itself (someone will be along shortly to prove me wrong....!).