Mach' N Back ... Entries open.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Mach' N Back ... Entries open.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Entries for Mach N Back are now open ... you can enter on-line by visiting the main Bear Bones site (click on the bear at the top of the page).

There's also some other new stuff added to the main site, Esbit stove review, BB 200, Grenzstein Trophy and obviously some Mach N Back stuff.
May the bridges you burn light your way
valleydaddy

Re: Mach' N Back ... Entries open.

Post by valleydaddy »

entry in :D can't wait
slugwash

Post by slugwash »

Entry now in also :-)

I was going to enter my riding companion Jim as well :shock: but due to the way the Forest Freeride online entry works* It'll be simpler to get him to enter himself :?

He says that he'll abondon me to do the event solo if there's even a whiff of rain anywhere near the time of the event so, lot's of snow and temperatures well into the minusses if you'd be so good Stu :)

*(Only asks for one contact email address and no details of the riders/s)
markenduro

Post by markenduro »

Entered, should be a good one unless it is too snowy to get there from here....
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've been told not to expect the same sort of weather we've had for the two previous winters ... the weather patterns are different this year or summat like that.

At the end of the day it'll do what it does and we'll not change it ;) Cold and dry would be nice though.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

I want my money back then!
I WANT snow. :x
I'll calm down if the winter bivi has snow though. ;)
Ian

Post by Ian »

Chances of winter bivvy having snow are slim I reckon:
The Met Office Website wrote:UK Outlook for Tuesday 29 Nov 2011 to Tuesday 13 Dec 2011:

The end of November and start of December look set to see some rather unsettled and changeable weather, particularly towards the north and west, with drier and more settled conditions initially favoured towards the south and east. Total precipitation amounts are likely to be close to or above the seasonal norm, perhaps with the exception of the southeast, whilst some snow is likely on high ground in the northern half of the UK. Temperatures are expected to be around average but, at this time of year, that typically means single-figure degree Celsius maxima and an increasing chance of overnight frosts. A few milder days are still possible, chiefly in the west at first, but on the whole it will feel significantly colder than during the recent mild spell.
Still haven't decided on the Mach n Back yet - is there a closing date for entries?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

is there a closing date for entries?
There will be a closing date but it's still to be decided ... much hinges on how long the 'emergency supplies' will take to produce. I'll put a post up once I know for sure.
plod

Post by plod »

I am waiting to see if I can get my bonus sorted for work, so I can get all the bits and bobs (tarp, cold weather sleeping bag, mat etc) so I hope the closing date goes on a little while further.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I'm in :P :P
didnothingfatal

Post by didnothingfatal »

It'll rain, be wetter than a wet thing and probably have gales!
Ian

Post by Ian »

The last 650km of riding I've done in Wales have been in sunny weather :D

How's the training going for the BB200, DNF?
didnothingfatal

Post by didnothingfatal »

Training is good, friends are getting concerned and I've become an expert in puncture repairs, I even managed to get a puncture at the velodrome, wtf?? :lol: And you've set a fast time! The gauntlet is thrown :lol: So do you think it can be done faster? Is the gpx file/route anywhere? What is the mandatory gear? Do only times set at the 'event' count?

But the thing is, the curse of bad weather everytime I cross into Wales pretty much ensures a wet Mach 'n Back for us all. I apologise now :D