Vittoria Terreno G2.0 MTB Tyre

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Holgateeng

Post by Holgateeng »

Anyone used these tyres , I was looking for something low rolling resistance to do a multi week trip on and these look ideal .
Gummikuh

Re: Vittoria Terreno G2.0 MTB Tyre

Post by Gummikuh »

Hi, I have one which I sometimes use as a rear summer tyre. I haven't been brave enough to put it on the front though, but I guess it depends on the conditions you are riding in.
I have a mezcal on the front and rear in winter and sometimes if it's a lot of road or very dry I may consider the terreno, but to be honest the window for this tyre in the UK is simply not worth the faff, especially as I find Vittoria skinwall tyres the tightest tyres I have ever used, resorting to motorcycle tyre levers in the end.
Holgateeng

Post by Holgateeng »

Yes I did wonder , It would be summer use ( but in the UK ) and a real mix of terrain from road , gravel to Scottish single track so I'll maybe have another look .
BigdummySteve

Re: Vittoria Terreno G2.0 MTB Tyrel

Post by BigdummySteve »

I ran a set of them in 2.25” flavour during lockdown mk1.
Very fast even compared to my Mezcals, grip wise they perform much as they look.

The downside depends on the size of yer cajonens, if you corner fast and lean it over a bit you transition to the side lugs. It’s not a gentle transition and can make for some butt clenching. As a reference I used to jump out of aircraft and ride a CR 500.

I’ve a set of them available second hand that I’d let go for £40 posted but to be honest you’re better served with a set of big apples or something with more consistent grip. Mezcals are a good compromise as are WTB nano’s if you want something in a narrow gauge.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
substandard

Post by substandard »

I used the 2.25” variant of these for last years dales divide,

Better than you’d think in the mud and roll good on the road, wish they did a 2.8”-3” version!
FLV

Post by FLV »

I used 2.25 ones too, a bit fragile on welsh slate for me, but overall very good.