Any winter under-helmet hat deals spotted?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Re: Any winter under-helmet hat deals spotted?

Post by redefined_cycles »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:13 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:57 am
middleagedmadness wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:32 am Shaf I got a endura wind something or other the other week . But it gets toasty under it , think it was about £18 ., prefer the cheapo px ones to be fair as that tend to regulate a bit better , material was a bit like the hh lifa base layers not sure if they still do them though
Ordered myself this beauty in black from £35 from Tredz. Might even make me go faster like their - Sportful - gear does for the nice man called Kristoff Alleagart...
You went for the cheap option then :wink:
£35 on offer. I blame the fact that I sold some cranks on fleabay and at some point I'll find that extortionate (but it worked and about 2 or more years old now and looks new) Crikey, how much one... Get your point though :lol:
SeannyD

Post by SeannyD »

https://www.torm.cc/store/Reflective-Me ... p189896394
You could try one of these, (I’m a sucker for their clothing :wink: ) its a bit on the snug side but a nice bit of kit :-bd
JoseMcTavish

Post by JoseMcTavish »

I 've been using these for a few years now and am so pleased with it I bought an extra in case they stopped making them!

https://www.trekbikes.com/gb/en_GB/bike ... Code=black

Works particularly well for me and my big head as it's thin enough to go under my helmet without feeling like I'm having to jam it on. Has been used in temperatures ranging from 10 to -11 and does the job well.
composite

Post by composite »

SeannyD wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:26 pm https://www.torm.cc/store/Reflective-Me ... p189896394
You could try one of these, (I’m a sucker for their clothing :wink: ) its a bit on the snug side but a nice bit of kit :-bd
Was the large snug and do you know what size cap you would normally wear? The fact that they say "to fit over 55cm" does not fill me with confidence as this really isn't that big. I have a massive head and find winter caps to be quite difficult to get the right size.
SeannyD

Post by SeannyD »

composite wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:54 am
SeannyD wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:26 pm https://www.torm.cc/store/Reflective-Me ... p189896394
Was the large snug and do you know what size cap you would normally wear? The fact that they say "to fit over 55cm" does not fill me with confidence as this really isn't that big. I have a massive head and find winter caps to be quite difficult to get the right size.
It was the large and my head is 61cm if thats any help. I’ll drop you a couple of photos.
composite

Post by composite »

SeannyD wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:04 pm It was the large and my head is 61cm if thats any help. I’ll drop you a couple of photos.
I normally need a 61 or 62 depending on how the size comes up.
Wurz

Post by Wurz »

If all you want is a thin beanie look at places like sportshoes there are usually lots of cheap running ones on offer. I've got ones by Ron Hill and Mountain Hardware. If you want a decent thin merino beanie check out Rohan it is usually in the sale. Great but so small they are easy to misplace.
redefined_cycles

Turns out it was this that I actually ordered. Such a shame as I thought it was the Sportful!!

After trying it on, I can confirm that at first fit its nothing like the Crikey, how much deep winter I lost. Such a shame...
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I have one of those Castellis. I rarely wear it for riding but it's great when bivvying.

I think I paid £15 though...

Edit. £19.99
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

ScotRoutes wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:53 am I have one of those Castellis. I rarely wear it for riding but it's great when bivvying.

Edit. £19.99
That's right, make him feel better about it :lol:
redefined_cycles

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:19 pm
ScotRoutes wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:53 am I have one of those Castellis. I rarely wear it for riding but it's great when bivvying.

Edit. £19.99
That's right, make him feel better about it :lol:
:lol:
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Redefined_cycho.
I have a 20 year old Montbell skull cap, that refuseds to die.
I also got a, deal on a, Rab power-stretch skull cap.
Google 'thermal skull cap' .. :-bd
this may suit you. But with your designer tastes it willbe too 'under expensive'. :lol:
Madison Sportive Thermal Skullcap | Black (One Size) £9.99 Tredz Bikes. https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Madison-Sporti ... ku=237223&
Maybe a gore C3 skull cap on to match your c3 jacket.
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/gore-wear-c3-w ... d=10064109
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Mart

Post by Mart »

I’ve got an old Karrimor running one that’s perfect
Works very nicely for a cheapie

Can’t remember where I got it - maybe sports direct
2924 miles per Gallon
rudedog

Post by rudedog »

Sports pursuit have sealskinz waterproof head gaitors cheap at the minute if anyone needs something for the colder/wetter weather