My Scales Are C**p But My Bike Isn't.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ray Young

My Scales Are C**p But My Bike Isn't.

Post by Ray Young »

Yesterday my bike weighed 30.2lbs on my bathroom scales. Today I fitted a pair of Hope straight pull wheels with Stans Crest rims and set them up tubeless. The wheels alone should have made the bike lighter by at least 1.1lb as my previous wheels had cheap Alex rims with tubed tyres. Weight on my scales after the change, you guessed it, exactly the same, 30.2lbs. So as you see, my scales are c**p but my bike is a whole lot better. Tommorow I ditch the triple chain rings in favour of double rings, then I go out to play. Then next week a lovely two nighter earned by being a good boy by going on holiday to Malta ( I hate sitting on a beach doing nothing).
Bearbonesnorm

Re: My Scales Are C**p But My Bike Isn't.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Did you actually weigh the bits you took off and the bits you put on? ;)
May the bridges you burn light your way
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Hi Stu, weighed my cheap wheels on the bathroom scales last week and they came out at 2.5k. Hope hubs and stans crests are supposedly around 1.9k but I didn't weigh them. The scales are deffo crap, last week they said my bike weighed .4lb more than yesterday and where 4lb out compared to the WRT scales.
PS, whilst in Malta came across Bear Beer in tinnies, brewed in Norway or some such place. Tasted just fine too.
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Took the bike out and am very happy with the new wheels, much, much stiffer than my previous ones. Have not got tyre pressures quite right yet and I noticed I'd put the rear tyre on back to front , god only knows how I managed that one, anyway, it's easy enough solved :? .