Overnight stays still banned?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Shewie

Overnight stays still banned?

Post by Shewie »

Has anybody worked out if overnight stays away from home are still banned under the latest tier system?
psling

Re: Overnight stays still banned?

Post by psling »

Are you talking about in a house with other people or in a ditch on a hillside socially distanced from anyone else (stupid enough to be) there? :grin:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

Shewie wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:07 pm Has anybody worked out if overnight stays away from home are still banned under the latest tier system?
From the guardian graphic at https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... -local-map on overnight stays:

Tier 1: Permitted, with household, support bubble, or up to 6 people.
Tier 2: Permitted, with household or support bubble.
Tier 3: No overnight stays outside of local area, unless necessary for work, education or similar reasons.
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

Bugger

Hurry up with the vaccine please, I'm getting cabin fever
Cheddar Man

Post by Cheddar Man »

Which tier are you in?
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

PaulB2 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:14 pm Tier 1: Permitted, with household, support bubble, or up to 6 people.
Tier 2: Permitted, with household or support bubble.
Tier 3: No overnight stays outside of local area, unless necessary for work, education or similar reasons.
So unless you are in Tier 1 you can only stay with your household or support bubble?

And my understanding is that if from Tier 1 but you go to a Tier 2 area you have to follow the Tier 2 rules?

I'm in Tier one so I can stay in (bivi) in other Tier 1 areas.... so that's either Cornwall or the Scilly Isles :roll: Neither are really practical for a ride there as I cant stop in the Teir 2 areas on the way so I'd have to ride to Cornwall in one go. And I thought my trip to Dartmoor over 2 days for last years winter bivi was ambitious :lol:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/202 ... view=plain
Restrictions on movement
[F16.—(1) No person may, without reasonable excuse, stay overnight at any place other than the place where they are living [F2or where their linked household is living]...
...(4) For the purposes of paragraph (1), the place where a person is living includes the premises where they live together with any garden, yard, passage, stair, garage, outhouse or other appurtenance of such premises.]
An appurtenance is defined as, "an accessory or other item associated with a particular activity or style of living." I think you'll find that my place of living is currently associated with at least 3 bivvy bags, a tarp, and 4 tents.
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

Cheddar Man wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:26 pm Which tier are you in?
Tier 3, Leeds, West Yorkshire :sad:
Supernova

Post by Supernova »

Has anyone seen how the new rules affects overnight trips to Wales?
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Shewie wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:08 pm
Cheddar Man wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:26 pm Which tier are you in?
Tier 3, Leeds, West Yorkshire :sad:
Likewise, we're screwed for jollies for a while yet :|

C'est la vie :roll:
psling

Post by psling »

Supernova wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:12 pm Has anyone seen how the new rules affects overnight trips to Wales?
From gov.wales:

I do not live in Wales, can I travel to Wales for a holiday or to visit family and friends?
In general, no. Travel in to Wales is not allowed without a reasonable excuse, for example travelling for work purposes. Visiting family and friends (other than as part of an extended household) or having a holiday is not currently considered a reasonable excuse, although we hope to be able to welcome you in the not too distant future.

People travelling to Wales from elsewhere in the UK or from abroad must have a reasonable excuse to enter and remain in Wales and must follow all relevant regulations in force in Wales, as explained in this guidance.

People who do have a reasonable excuse to travel from abroad must follow the requirements set out in the travel guidance. If you are required to isolate because you have travelled from a non-exempt country or territory, you must follow the requirements set out in the travel self-isolation guidance.

After the travel isolation has ended, you should then follow the regulations in force in Wales as set out in this guidance.

I do not live in Wales. Can I travel to Wales to secure my boat, caravan or holiday home for winter?
Under the rules in Wales, a boat, caravan or holiday home owner from elsewhere in the UK may return to collect their belongings and secure their boat, caravan or holiday home for winter.

You should agree a time and date to visit the site. Whilst on site you should continue to observe social distancing measures. You are not permitted to stay overnight while these travel restrictions are in operation.

However, you will also need to check that what you are planning to do is allowed under the rules where you live, which the Welsh Government cannot advise you on.
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

Supernova wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:12 pm Has anyone seen how the new rules affects overnight trips to Wales?
The welsh government have a press conference tomorrow lunchtime so they'll probably explicitly cover it.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Here’s a thing. I’ve got a commission to write a new cycling guidebook. Does that count as work?
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Cheddar Man

Post by Cheddar Man »

Dave Barter wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:39 pm Here’s a thing. I’ve got a commission to write a new cycling guidebook. Does that count as work?
Yes, if it's your job.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Well it’s one of them
RIP

Post by RIP »

Dave Barter wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:13 pm Well it’s one of them
Could you subcontract any sections to those of us who need to keep our BaM variety going please?!

Had hoped to do a Peaks night in December, whilst being forced to collect my student daughter, but that would probably be seen as stretching a point. I'd be a bit cheesed off if I lived in High Peak or Peak Dales, jumping from tier 1 to 3.
Last edited by RIP on Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

RIP wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:11 pm
Could you subcontract any sections to those of us who need to keep our BaM variety going please?!
I need some gardening done in the house we inherited from Mum?
RIP

Post by RIP »

Dave Barter wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:13 pm
RIP wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:11 pm
I need some gardening done in the house we inherited from Mum?
I was going to suggest posting it to me in sections and I'll work on them here, but of course that doesn't get me out of the county does it, sigh! I can see another shed session looming.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Dave Barter wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:13 pm I need some gardening done in the house we inherited from Mum?
Unless you want the whole thing planted with sunflowers I'm not sure Reg should be the first choice :grin:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

sean_iow wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:20 pm
Dave Barter wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:13 pm I need some gardening done in the house we inherited from Mum?
Unless you want the whole thing planted with sunflowers I'm not sure Reg should be the first choice :grin:
That could work !
RIP

Post by RIP »

Well it won't be with oak saplings. <livid>See Cheery Friday</livid>

JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Just imagine the lockdown levels after the 5 days free for all covid spreading party......
The Winter Event will at least be something to look forward to even if you're kipping in your garden or shed/bothy
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

It's not an answer to your question but for us Cymros the picture is much better. This is off the Welsh gov page:-

I live in Wales, can I go on holiday in Wales or the rest of the UK?

You are allowed to go on holiday within Wales if you live here, but not to enter Wales from elsewhere for that purpose.”

Yay! I read this as “ It’s OK for me to bivvy.” After all, isn’t a bivvy a (very) short holiday? I’m thinking of a two-day bivvy ride (sorry, holiday). A BAM double, encompassing end of November and start of December.

You Seis will have to stay away. Sorry. :sad:
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Looks like more lockdown to come for Wales from Friday next week, so the First Minister has just said
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

JohnClimber wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:13 pm Looks like more lockdown to come for Wales from Friday next week, so the First Minister has just said
I just looked. December 4th. It looks like I’ll have to do my double BAM this week then.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...