Bearbonesnorm

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

With you - a big spatula then :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Dave Barter wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:18 pm A wooden pizza peel. Pizza night courtesy of the new oven tonight
I assume you'll be having a seafood pizza :grin:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

PaulB2 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:55 pm It’s a multi-use device
Make sure you clean it in between.

No one likes cheese on their bum. (Or polenta: chafes.)
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

thenorthwind wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:51 pm
PaulB2 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:55 pm It’s a multi-use device
Make sure you clean it in between.

No one likes cheese on their bum. (Or polenta: chafes.)
You just know that someone somewhere likes cheese on their bum
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

My winter Shimano shoes from Germany. Sent back for repairs to BikeDe who forearded to Shimano I believe. They thought about it... and thought some more, then a little more and a few more apologies via BikeDe. Then finally last week BikeDe decided to send me summat back with free postage. Opened today and gone are the leaky MW5 with a brandnew set of SHmw501... I wonder if thats the same edition as the MW5 they replaced. Dunno, taste the same (you'd think!)...

Before that the other postman (erm, or woman) from the same RM delivered a fishermans friend. Well, a weighing scale, to measure 'yer carp' :-bd 5.21 (or 5.28 if its feeling generous) is the answer...
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

sean_iow wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:18 pm
Dave Barter wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:18 pm A wooden pizza peel. Pizza night courtesy of the new oven tonight
I assume you'll be having a seafood pizza :grin:
Living in Brixham...what else
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

A rower.

Feck me it really is awful, lung pulling, ghastly exercise. Therefore, probably really good for me, by some weird rule of thumb :???:

Cannot be arsed to ride frequently in all weathers at the moment and loads of my usual stuff is either cancelled, inaccessible or lacking in the lung-ripping feeling (e.g. online yoga :wink:).

Chuffing stupid expensive (not compared to bikes I guess) but looking at re-sale values of used stuff at the mo' if I wanted to flog it I'd probably make a profit :roll:
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

Mammut Sphere down bag from Rock and Run. Looks good and packs way smaller than my Lamina 20, as hoped. Looking forward to trying it out for warmth on November’s BAM.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

and brought me my very own copy of 'I am an OffRoady'. Really really excited at opening it up and realising what fun the off roading has to offer

Thanks very much Graham...

Mart

Post by Mart »

delivered and now fitted some winter nobbles
No more slipping and sliding about for me :-bd
2924 miles per Gallon
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Ooh, the rare tinted version Shaf :wink:
Piemonster

Post by Piemonster »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:56 pm A rower.

Feck me it really is awful, lung pulling, ghastly exercise. Therefore, probably really good for me, by some weird rule of thumb :???:

Cannot be arsed to ride frequently in all weathers at the moment and loads of my usual stuff is either cancelled, inaccessible or lacking in the lung-ripping feeling (e.g. online yoga :wink:).

Chuffing stupid expensive (not compared to bikes I guess) but looking at re-sale values of used stuff at the mo' if I wanted to flog it I'd probably make a profit :roll:
There’s what looks like a half decent friendly rowing club in Leeds. Give ‘em a shout and share the suffering.

Coastal Rowing for me.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Sean old bean, (Sean Bean?! Sean Has Beans? Sean's Has Bean??), since you were convivial enough to post me "Windsurfing...", have you read "One Man On His Bike"? If not, I can lob that over to you. Or you could have "Time Traveller's Guide To Medieval England" instead 'cos I've knocked that off now.

If perchance you happened to have a copy of Jim Rieuwerts' "Lead Mining in Derbyshire - History, Development & Drainage, Volume 4" that you could swap in exchange, then I would look upon you in a very kindly light (*). After considerable searching, and matching expense, I've managed to obtain Vols 1-3 which are superb, but I need #4 for the set.

I thought our "Lockdown Lending Library" scheme was a good idea but obviously nobody else can be arsed :wink: .

(*) I must confess that this is unlikely though. Only 200 copies were made and they command somewhat premium prices. Still, worth asking, you never know.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

RIP wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:29 am have you read "One Man On His Bike"? If not, I can lob that over to you. Or you could have "Time Traveller's Guide To Medieval England" instead 'cos I've knocked that off now.
Reg, I have One Man and His Bike in my pile ready to go. Time Traveller's Guide to Medieval England* sounds interesting so put me down for that.

* Is it about the Isle of Wight in the 1970s? :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

sean_iow wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:07 am Is it about the Isle of Wight in the 1970s? :lol:
:lol:

Incoming.....
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

RIP

Post by RIP »

I've packed it and just realised not got your address, or I've lost it or something.. PM.. ta...

Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Piemonster wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:27 pm
Cheeky Monkey wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:56 pm A rower.

There’s what looks like a half decent friendly rowing club in Leeds. Give ‘em a shout and share the suffering.

Coastal Rowing for me.
Hhmm, just learning the stroke (catch-drive-release-recover) at the mo, who'dathunk it'd need practicing :lol:

I'd rather be buggering about in a kayak (though have equally average levels of skill and experience) on "real" water but I can get my head round using a rower more than I can with a static bike. Cheers for the heads up about the Leeds club, something for the future mebe (though my next "club-thing" was going to be the local archers). What could possibly go wrong :roll:

thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:28 pm Cheers for the heads up about the Leeds club, something for the future mebe (though my next "club-thing" was going to be the local archers). What could possibly go wrong :roll:
You end up in the middle of a long-running feud about the price of milk and get the theme tune stuck in your head?

Sorry, I'll show myself out.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

For those of a certain age:

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

though my next "club-thing" was going to be the local archers
You'll be needing a nice bow* then Tim? :wink:

*something with character and soul, a handcrafted one off ... none of this fibreglass recurve nonsense.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

RIP wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:29 am Sean old bean, (Sean Bean?! Sean Has Beans? Sean's Has Bean??), since you were convivial enough to post me "Windsurfing...", have you read "One Man On His Bike"? If not, I can lob that over to you. Or you could have "Time Traveller's Guide To Medieval England" instead 'cos I've knocked that off now.
Reg will swap Time Travellers for a copy of A Dog In A Hat ... another must read. Unless you've read it of course, in which case, I have a half packet of Haribo Tangtastics doing nothing worthwhile.
I'm just going outside ...
RIP

Post by RIP »

TheBrownDog wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:01 pm
RIP wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:29 am Sean old bean, (Sean Bean?! Sean Has Beans? Sean's Has Bean??), since you were convivial enough to post me "Windsurfing...", have you read "One Man On His Bike"? If not, I can lob that over to you. Or you could have "Time Traveller's Guide To Medieval England" instead 'cos I've knocked that off now.
Reg will swap Time Travellers for a copy of A Dog In A Hat ... another must read. Unless you've read it of course, in which case, I have a half packet of Haribo Tangtastics doing nothing worthwhile.
Ah sorry mate, just gone to Sean. But in the spirit of the BBB Lockdown Lending Library he could pass it on to you next :-bd . I enjoyed it - there were a surprising number of similarities between life in the 14th century and a 21st century bikepacking escapade.
Last edited by RIP on Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

TheBrownDog wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:01 pm Reg will swap Time Travellers for a copy of A Dog In A Hat ... another must read. Unless you've read it of course, in which case, I have a half packet of Haribo Tangtastics doing nothing worthwhile.
TheBrownDog, I'll start on Time Travellers as soon as it arrives and you're next to have it. It might take me slightly longer to read it than Reg does but I do have to go to work :smile:
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:47 pm
though my next "club-thing" was going to be the local archers
You'll be needing a nice bow* then Tim? :wink:

*something with character and soul, a handcrafted one off ... none of this fibreglass recurve nonsense.
If I ever get my sub standard together and do it that would be very interesting. The whole archery thing is on my long-list though. Heck knows when I'll get to it :roll:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

If I ever get my sub standard together and do it that would be very interesting. The whole archery thing is on my long-list though. Heck knows when I'll get to it
I've not made many this year Tim and that's mainly because I've had no one to make them for, so if you do want owt in the future, just ask :wink: