Your favourite moments?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mbnut

Re: Your favourite moments?

Post by Mbnut »

Getting a corner just right, the sound of the tyres literally clawing the surface for grip.

Laughing at the weather as wind and rain tear at you, a chance to reveal the maniac within in a world that insists it be held at bay.

A first kiss.

Hearing the opening riff of your favourite track in a sweaty moshpit, here comes that maniac again!

The surge of power as you pass the kite through the zenith.

Time with my son.

People watching sat in a cafe or bar.

Farting on the Central line.

I think that covers it.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

A first kiss.
I'm not going out with you.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Was it the farting that put you off?
Verena

Post by Verena »

Much of what's already been said.

After a long very hot day finding a bivvy spot with a perfectly shaped tree to first put my feet up against, then sit leaning against as it gets fully dark. Then being surrounded by hundreds of glow worms, like a scene from Avatar. The same night, the relief after some wild boar had snuffled around very close to me, but left me in peace.

Falling asleep right on the estuary edge of Pendine sands, surrounded by the sound of curlew singing.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

I'll add going through a trail centre, or just a popular bit of singletrack, and getting that childish feeling of doing something you shouldn't as you bulldoze a loaded rigid bike down a trail more suited to a full suspension enduro machine.

Also, the moment when you're on the way back to the car and you remember that you left a pie/sandwich/chocolate bar in the glovebox so you could eat it when get back, and congratulate your past self on your foresight.