lightweight 2 man tent

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

thomthumb

lightweight 2 man tent

Post by thomthumb »

I need some ideas about lightweight 2 man tents. I mentioned going for a small tour with the GF and she's well into the idea.

But i don't have a tent; so I'll need another one (worked out well :lol: ) or make one but that is still a work in progress....

I've seen the coleman bedrock & cobra, the vango banshee 200 & the gelert mongoose. any opinions on any of these? anything i've missed.

I don't want to spend a fortune as i can't see it getting used very often.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: lightweight 2 man tent

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I could sell you a brand new Vango Tempest 200 if you fancied ... say £70 posted.

I've seen a Banshee and a Bedrock in action and one of the problems seems to be lack of a decent porch so your gear comes in with you :( . The chap with the Banshee also reckoned that it felt much more like a 1+1 rather than a 2 man.
May the bridges you burn light your way
d45yth

Post by d45yth »

If s8tannorms is no good, have a look on Field and Treks website. They've an extra 20% off already cheap prices this weekend.
- The seasons blow away, but the love is just the same -
thomthumb

Post by thomthumb »

thanks stuart - but i'm not really in a buying position. :?

looks like a nice tent though. does it weigh close to the 2.8kg. reviews of some of these tents seem to have weights from 50%-200% of manu weights!!

I hear what your saying about the porch though - It was a nasty surprise on the bb200 to get out off the nice dry tent but have to put on a soaking bag in the morning.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

does it weigh close to the 2.8kg
I recall it's something like 2.6kg ... obviously they're not ultralite but the weight and pack size makes them managable between 2.
May the bridges you burn light your way
rudedog

Post by rudedog »

A mate has the mongoose, it's a decent size and has 2 doors which makes a massive difference when sharing. Not the lightest but for £30, I don't think you'll find better value. If your looking at the Vango Banshee, I'd probably go for the 300.