Wales "Firebreak" Lockdown

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Richard G

Wales "Firebreak" Lockdown

Post by Richard G »

Might be worth noting that police are planning on setting up checkpoints over the next couple of weeks... and the last line of this article specifically mentions mountain bikers! :shock:
Speaking at the time, Inspector Williams said: "We have had instances certainly down in the Chepstow area where people come across with bikes on their roofs clearly with an intent, and admitting an intent, to go mountain biking."
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... r-19153966
psling

Re: Wales "Firebreak" Lockdown

Post by psling »

I might add that the police in Gloucestershire have been present in the Forest of Dean last weekend and will be over the next two weeks. Last weekend they were running ANPR checks outside the cycle centre and 'advising' drivers from the (then) locked down areas of South Wales to turn around and go home.

When the South Wales bike centres are closed the FoD understandably gets rammed but local residents have put a lot of pressure on the police to stop people coming from shut down areas to the Forest.
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Aye, fully expecting checks on all the major roads running into mid-Wales from England ... all two of them :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

The ANPR stuff is annoying for me. My car is registered in Wigan. :lol:

That aside, not long before the lockdown starts. I kind of feel like we should have some sort of Purge style sirens going off. :shock:
Cheddar Man

Post by Cheddar Man »

Richard G wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:11 pm The ANPR stuff is annoying for me. My car is registered in Wigan. :lol:

That aside, not long before the lockdown starts. I kind of feel like we should have some sort of Purge style sirens going off. :shock:
Mine is registered in Glasgow apparently! It's a company lease, but I live in one of the lowest affected areas of the UK. I hadn't thought about the ANPR thing, and getting flagged as coming from a Tier 3 area.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

carry your driving licence and explain its a lease car
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Lazarus wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:29 pm carry your driving licence and explain its a lease car
Sure, but it's resulting in far more stops than otherwise should be happening.
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

Not many cars on the road up here. The weather is also making people stay away. Me and the Mrs went out for our 'last supper' on Thursday night. Its going to be a grim couple of weeks. Luckily I can venture into the hills from the front door...
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 4

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
smartay

Post by smartay »

I believe if you can walk from your own household you can travel anywhere, Offas, Watts duke anyone😊no time off here,key worker status