Remember when we were discussing ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Re: Remember when we were discussing ...

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

But moving on, from that, would this be a thing that you as the site owner would be willing to look in to and associate the BBB site with?
At this stage, I'd have no issues at all.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Shaf, sadly I feel my inner-panda is reaching this stage:

:lol:

So as far as this thread is going I'll say goodnight folks :cool:
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

At this stage, I'd have no issues at all.
and that is all it takes -its not a big deal and thanks
Oh, and I'm not sure what the right expression is but you seem to be rather tone-deaf / to have a tin ear for the mood of some things
I think its safe to say you have made your opinions on this issue very clear and no one could have failed to pick on your tone
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Dave Barter wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:07 am When your life is mainly discomfort you probably yearn for comfort and that’s why we see less representation of certain minorities who are already having a tough time of it.
The former self of human kind. Roaming the wilds, stressed out hunting for and gathering food. The former self from which we have disconnected so much.
We who seek stress levels and challenges, because we miss them.

Very true in what you wrote Dave. Me thinks.
benconnolli

Post by benconnolli »

With regards to not knowing if sexuality is proportionally represented, I will summarise my experience with it on here.

The expected state I have is that people would not be nice about it, or not understand then not try to. That is my life experience. When I realised how gapping the hole of representation was on a life changing ride, I decided I had to be more visible, for the other people like me.

Now I wrote a story about the trip that I was immensely proud of, managed to satisfyingly put everything I wanted to be out there. Honestly the most scared I have ever been actually posting it, and some scary things have happened to me. This was because I did not know people would be lovely, because there is no mention that they would be and I have to assume people would not be. When I posted it, I immediately turned off all electronic devices, hid them under my bed, and went for a long hard run where I would not be able to think of anything other than oxygen. That is how scary it was.

The reality of the response was overwhelmingly lovely. Totally heartwarming, I am truly grateful, and feel much safer here now I know that is what the response would be.

My point is that this community is right nice, but unless you explicitly mention it in opportunities like this thread, then it is just safer to say in your own space and not engage.
RIP

Post by RIP »

"When I posted it, I immediately turned off all electronic devices, hid them under my bed, and went for a long hard run where I would not be able to think of anything other than oxygen. That is how scary it was."

I remember that day Ben, and my thoughts went out to you as you said it. Curiously my feelings were that you would get a nice response Here; and as you say, so it turned out to be.

You recalling it here again, makes this an [almost] belated Cheery Friday :-bd .

"Be excellent to each other dudes"
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

the community on here is right nice
I concur and totally agree with Ben.

From another angle - dont tell President Macron/Makron/whatever the name is) that you have a muslim in your midst - I've recently taken to title-ing my strava rides with the verses from The Quran. It allows me to not spend my whole ride not thinking about what the title's gonna be and I just realise ot when i upload it. Sometimes that (the title) could get a bit technical as Allah isn't shy when He speaks (and I realise that's my opinion that it's the words of The Creator and each to their own opinion, I'm not here to discuss that point).

At the start I was of the opinion that I might get alot of backlash as my followers aren't just muslim (don't tell Macron... or Trump... or Boris for that matter!) and BBers are notorious for speaking their mind (and good for them.. but it can get a bit daunting). But so far everyone's been just lovely and the French secret police haven't even come knocking telling me I need re-educating on the 'ways of the world'...

Anyway, point being and I think Ben will agree, thanks Stu for just allowing us to just be. Me for not wanting to ride with the lovely ladies, Ben (sorry for wearing out your name Ben...) for posting however he wishes to, Dave for swearing as much as he need, Reg for finding amusement in everything, Lazarus for sticking up for everyone including the vegans etc etc etc
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

On a side note... I sent details for JamesO to members of the cycling club I'm affiliated with. A BME/Muzlamic place... He'll tell you but I doubt he had many responses into the market reasarch we were doing... Some people just lile to do their own thing which isn't neccessarily our thing!... That's why we're here i guess and they ain't...
benconnolli

Post by benconnolli »

redefined_cycles wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:05 pm I think Ben will agree, thanks Stu for just allowing us to just be
Yup. I agree