Mike Hall inquiry

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

robbie

Re: Mike Hall inquiry

Post by robbie »

I seen this on social media earlier today and cannot get my head around that picture.
I see that Mike's mum is not happy that the images have been published and put in the book.
I'm in 2 minds about it, the families wishes should be followed,
but also think that the work that the guy has done is great and highlights it in the public eye that the police botched it.
If a guy like Mike who was fairly well known gets this kind of treatment in death think about what happens when Joe bloggs from down the road gets killed on his bike,
Stay safe out there guys. :cry:
jameso

Post by jameso »

Taylor wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:45 pm
jameso wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:53 am
I didn't know Mike, but it's perhaps worth warning those that did, that the above link contains distressing images.
Taylor wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:25 am Botched police investigation apparently
- Taylor, maybe you can edit the post to inc a clear warning based on what others have said
I think Bridget and Tim have made it clear that there might be distressing images but if you want me to, I'll put a warning.
It is a reminder about the dangers we might encounter though, not a million miles apart for the BB200 incident that happily wasn't as serious.
I was just about to click it when I scanned the post below. I'm glad I didn't open it, so I think a note alongside the link would be worthwhile. Thanks for adding it.
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Won't be reading.

I miss a friend. That is already enough.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

techno wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:51 pm
Taylor wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:45 pm .....not a million miles apart for the BB200 incident that happily wasn't as serious.
What was that?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2651
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Scares me every time I'm on that particular bit of road.
faustus

Post by faustus »

I'm glad I read the posts above, as I really don't want to see any images of that nature. Good on them for delving deeper and highlighting how, in the eyes of law enforcement, lives matter in different ways when you drive a car :sad:

I didn't know Mike at all but as I said above a while ago, none of the investigations and discussions seem to dilute the f***ing tragedy of it.