Very new (only ridden twice) Fox Float 34 x 120mm travel. FIT4, remote lever. 15x110mm

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

TrepidExplorer

Very new (only ridden twice) Fox Float 34 x 120mm travel. FIT4, remote lever. 15x110mm

Post by TrepidExplorer »

Bought these to go on either of my bikes. Colour: Orange. Steerer: 1.1/8" - 1.5" Tapered.

Cut them too short for the Cotic (Doh! :oops: ) but they looked lovely on my Carbon bike. They even match!

Unfortunately, the Carbon bike isn't good for 120mm travel so rather than die / break my bike, I thought I'd sell them and start again with the original plan. :roll:

I have ridden them and they felt fabulous but the handling of the bike was a bit sketchy with them on so they deserve to be fitted to a bike that's made for that travel.

The steerer is just over 140mm long now. They fit just fine in the Trek Procaliber which has a 90mm long head tube, integrated (FSA IS-2) headset, 10mm spacer and a 40mm stem. There's about 4-5mm left over for compression.

There's a slight scuffing on the crown where my dropper cable has rubbed but otherwise they are blemish-free.

They come with the remote lever (dual-use if you have dual-suss) and cable (which I'll leave fitted)Image

There's a spare cable (if you have more shocks to fit), the hose clip, all the extra dampers, instructions, box and through-axle (15mm x 110mm boost). There's even a cool sticker. :???:

More pics https://trepidexplorer.blogspot.com/202 ... -sale.html. Ask questions. I can take more measurements.

I paid £1119 for them (imagine my horror when I cut them too short) and would like to make £750 back. For that I will Post in the boxes they came in, or meet "Locally" (within 60-ish miles of Sheffield). Also heading North to Scotland at some point soon.
Trepid Explorer: Warmth with less bulk
FLV

Re: Very new (only ridden twice) Fox Float 34 x 120mm travel. FIT4, remote lever. 15x110mm

Post by FLV »

Hi, sorry steerer too short for me.

Looking at your cost and sale price, an option I'd consider would be to replace the CSU (crown steerer unit) on them.

You'd not need a full service kit as they've not done any miles really, just the csu, some oil and a couple of crush washers.

Looks like they can be had here for 285 so less than your loss.
https://www.bikeandspanner.co.uk/m3b0s3 ... grade-Kits
I've never used that shop, just first that popped up on Google search

It's not a hard job to do, just watch a video or two and go careful.

Just a though, in case you'd not considered it.
SR

Re: Very new (only ridden twice) Fox Float 34 x 120mm travel. FIT4, remote lever. 15x110mm

Post by SR »

Erm you might be able to change the travel so you could use them on the trek. You just need to check that you can swap the air shaft. There are quite cheap.
TrepidExplorer

Post by TrepidExplorer »

Things that don't spring to mind (pun intended) in panic mode. Thanks I'll have a look and a think.
Trepid Explorer: Warmth with less bulk
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Talk to tf tuned there suspension guru's
Trying to ride bikes.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I've known folk to have a new steerer pressed in to forks. No idea if that works for Fox but might be worth asking around.
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

Yeah there was someone advertising that service recently... will have a look....

These guys in Plymouth. No experience of them.... https://www.rsfsus.co.uk/stanchion-replacement
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

There's a guy who posts on Instagram who does steerers.
@sterlingbikedoctor