Bearbonesnorm

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

213 - a very good map. :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Post by RIP »

I have the very same open in front of me as we speak :smile: Along with my "Bicks".
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Raggedstone

Post by Raggedstone »

I feel a bit left out to 😣

I upgraded 214 as the old one has seen to much Welsh weather .
RIP

Post by RIP »

Raggedstone wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:50 pm I feel a bit left out to 😣
Ok, ok, ok: only of interest to: a/ Kev, b/ Stu, c/ Cheddar, and d/ Reg.

"What have the Romans ever done for us......"

This'll be me or you on WRT:

"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

I hate it when a little blue car gets stuck in your map and you have to take it up a hill and shake it out :???:

Edit: Reg has changed the picture and now that makes no sense whatsoever, but I'll leave it there to confuse the sociologists of the future :roll:
RIP

Post by RIP »

:lol:

I've just changed the photo and I can't find the blue car one to swap back now!

RIP

Post by RIP »

Phew, found it finally. We can't have This Place making no sense whatsoever - I mean it's always made complete sense up to now - so here's the blue car shakeout (which is very amusing, nice one 'Wind :smile: ).

I think I'd better stop causing trouble and go back to making my WRT Mines Gazetteer by scanning/printing my Bicks and cutting the sheets up into little pieces and stapling them together in a different order - a scene recognisable from those in many a Victorian mental health institution or prison...

thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Phew, order is restored*

*Your concept of order may differ
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Some decent reductions on Outdoor Research clobber inc' the lightweight Helium II waterproof jacket.

https://rockrun.com/collections/outdoor ... 648fe8be23
May the bridges you burn light your way
techno

Post by techno »

Heavily discounted Outdry jacket: https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/en-gb/s ... rey-jacket

pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Ooh, I didn't realise those Outdry jackets came with nipple clamps, where do I sign up?
If the model is 6'2" and wearing a medium, I think the availability of S and XL only might be a bit limiting.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

christ that is cheap for one of those think I paid about £120 for mine - Wish I had waited !!
FWIW the small in this is much bigger than the small in the Titanium outdry I have and is more of a medium but I suspect the maximum height is sub 6 foot- size wise I am 10 stone and i could easily fit my puffa jacket underneath - possibly even two of them - its a bit hot to try this but I can fully measure it if anyone really cares

Its definetly the bagiest /biggest small I have ever owned
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

Are they worth a punt the Outdry jackets?
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

100 % Waterproof at all times - its no DWR or anything so dirt etc makes no difference and it will maintain this without treatments as the outside is waterproof- I am not saying never give it a wipe down

That is the lightweight one - its 260 grams iirc and the chest zips work as vents
its not going to compete with shakedry for when its proper warm mind.
I have worn mine for walking in summer and its perfectly fine[ so recent not worn on the bike yet hence my annoyance ! of that price point] - I suspect a tad warm for hot summer fine for the rest of the time depending on base layers etc
The ex reign/Titnium etc is notcieably thicker material and I use more in winter when you know its going to be proper poor weather all day long.

the price is astonishingly good value to put it mildly essentially 75% off.I doubt it will ever be cheaer than this and its the current model.
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

Lazarus wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:39 pm ... I can fully measure it if anyone really cares

Interested in arm length and body length if you can put a tape measure on yours. I'm 6ft+ so never a small in anything, although I'm happy with a snug fit, but arm length will probably be the killer for me.

With the WRT coming up I'm suddenly interested in jackets billed as "waterproof all day". :lol:
techno

Post by techno »

Dyffers wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:54 am
Lazarus wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:39 pm ... I can fully measure it if anyone really cares

Interested in arm length and body length if you can put a tape measure on yours. I'm 6ft+ so never a small in anything, although I'm happy with a snug fit, but arm length will probably be the killer for me.

With the WRT coming up I'm suddenly interested in jackets billed as "waterproof all day". :lol:
I'm 6'1" and my large has good arm length for my gibbon limbs. It's quite loose around the chest but I am pretty scrawny. I'll put a tape to mine tonight.
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

Garmin eTrex 30x are £130 at Sportspursuit.
UnderTheRadars

Post by UnderTheRadars »

boxelder wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:51 am Garmin eTrex 30x are £130 at Sportspursuit.

Does anyone recommend these?
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

30X is a good call, especially at that price. I still prefer the larger screen of the Oregon though.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

if you can put a tape measure on yours.
SMALL
from arm pit to cuff is 60 cm
I am 175 cm 5ft9 and it reaches to my knuckles [armsby my side] and if i form a fist my hand is inside the sleeve
Top of shoulder to bottom hem is 75 cm
Both measured with the material taught[ but not pulled as hard as i can ] so this is the absolute maximum measure
Back has the usual sligtly dropped tail so will be a tad longer - 3-5 cm ish ??
TBH given the huge savings I would just take a punt and return its free postage to you not sure about return but its so small its not going to be more than £4 ish to return it signed etc
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Does anyone recommend these?
I have one not sure what to say t works does what i need - not sure it has ANT nor does it do temp - but i dont really need either of these attributes

Screen size is small but this is the same with all GPS IMHO and they are great if you dont get lost bit rubbish if you are and trying to navigate - at which point i assume we all get ou phoneoutwith a big screen on it and use that
should get all day with good AA batteries and you can set it so the screen goes of after a certain time to save even more power etc
Its budget but it does all you need it to do basically - the only real choice is whether you want AA batteres or prefer an internal battery
A refurb unit form Garmin is £100 so that is good value
UnderTheRadars

Post by UnderTheRadars »

Hmm yeah that screen is tiny
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

Lazarus wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:35 am
if you can put a tape measure on yours.
SMALL
from arm pit to cuff is 60 cm
I am 175 cm 5ft9 and it reaches to my knuckles [armsby my side] and if i form a fist my hand is inside the sleeve
Top of shoulder to bottom hem is 75 cm
Both measured with the material taught[ but not pulled as hard as i can ] so this is the absolute maximum measure
Back has the usual sligtly dropped tail so will be a tad longer - 3-5 cm ish ??
TBH given the huge savings I would just take a punt and return its free postage to you not sure about return but its so small its not going to be more than £4 ish to return it signed etc
That is much appreciated, thanks. Measured my Medium Rab jacket which I just get away with the size and it's 72cm length but 63cm sleeve, so I think the small sleeve length is going to scupper a deal for me.
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

Dyffers wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:47 am That is much appreciated, thanks. Measured my Medium Rab jacket which I just get away with the size and it's 72cm length but 63cm sleeve, so I think the small sleeve length is going to scupper a deal for me.
...and the small has now sold out making the decision even easier ha!
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

UnderTheRadars wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:40 am Hmm yeah that screen is tiny
You have a PM