Downsizing

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mart

Downsizing

Post by Mart »

Thinking of going smaller on my Ti mug size. Currently have a 700ml which is excellent,mMakes a nice big brew in the morning and very good for eating from. currently thinking of a smaller size (around 400ml) would fit nicely, nesting with current mug and be good second size (not that I would take both together unless I was accompanied by others) Would probably need to make a lightweight lid

Is 400ml too small to be usable on its own, is it just a case of getting used to smaller quantities (more often) for drink/eating. Any else get away with a mug of this volume?
2924 miles per Gallon
johnnystorm

Re: Downsizing

Post by johnnystorm »

Yesterday I took out one of Stu's 8gm stoves nested in an alpkit 400, in turn nested in the 700 for a mid-ride brew up. :D

Not sure I'd want to bother trying to do food in it.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

If you only want to brew up then anything above 300ml will work okay. If you need boiling water to rehydrate a meal then 450ml should be enough but if you actually need to put food in a pot, then in reality a Myti mug or something of a similar size (700ml) is about as small as you can go.

Most of the time I just carry a 450ml Ti mug and use it directly on an 8g stove. Pop a silicone wrist band around the lip of the mug to stop you burning your mouth ... you can leave it on all the time, it shouldn't burn or melt.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Ian

Post by Ian »

s8tannorm wrote:Most of the time I just carry a 450ml Ti mug and use it directly on an 8g stove. Pop a silicone wrist band around the lip of the mug to stop you burning your mouth ... you can leave it on all the time, it shouldn't burn or melt.
+1

Cooking in a 450ml mug is tricky, but not impossible. My next size up is a 550ml anyway, which is less tricky to cook in.