Shaky shaky alternaty

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

JohnClimber

Re: Shaky shaky alternaty

Post by JohnClimber »

ton wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:36 pm what is the sizing like on the outdry stuff ?
I'm normally a large jacket over a medium to large tee shirt. I have the medium jacket and it's perfect.
Although when I was a stone and a half heavier than I am now it was looking to be a bit tight with a fleece on underneath in the winter.
Cheeky Monkey

Re: Shaky shaky alternaty

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Another Outdry fan. Got several when they seemed to appear frequently on Sportpursuit's site.

Favourite is the lighter weight version with no pit zips. Lives in my walking sack.

The others are a more standard one with PZ in a God awful green / yellow colour scheme and a black one with a little stretch and slightly fleece liner. Latter is pretty dang warm.

I rate them for all the reasons mentioned and they are far more durable and keep working way longer than any cag I've had. I'll take the weight penalty for those benefits.

The hoods are a bit pony and (maybe it's me) but really hard to tell what the difference us between various models in the range.

They tend to pack best rolled rather than stuffed like a regular cag.

I did recently pick up a Howies jacket as an emergency / tiny pack size jacket. Seems ok tho wouldn't bother for RRP.

I'd like to try a SD as am a sweaty beast but its delicacy and no pack thing, plus cost,just makes it seem a poor option in comparison.