Replacement for WTB Ranger

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

frogatthefarriers

Replacement for WTB Ranger

Post by frogatthefarriers »

I’ve punctured the sidewall on my WTB Trailblazer 27.5x2.8 on my Ramin 3b+. I can’t seem to find a like for like replacement. Can anyone suggest an alternative? With the chain in the lowest gear on the cassette there’s very little room between tyre and chain. I’m afraid that a wider tyre, even though 2.8, might catch on the chain. I don’t know enough to take a chance, so help required please
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Replacement for WTB Ranger

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've done some testing of Teravail tyres of late Lu and the 2.6" Honcho might fit the bill. Failing that, I've probably got a good Trailblazer hung up in the workshop.
May the bridges you burn light your way
frogatthefarriers

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:55 pm I've done some testing of Teravail tyres of late Lu and the 2.6" Honcho might fit the bill. Failing that, I've probably got a good Trailblazer hung up in the workshop.
Checking Teravail Honcho.....
frogatthefarriers

frogatthefarriers wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:58 pm
Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:55 pm I've done some testing of Teravail tyres of late Lu and the 2.6" Honcho might fit the bill. Failing that, I've probably got a good Trailblazer hung up in the workshop.
Checking Teravail Honcho.....
All change. I’ve found a trailblazer while I was looking around. On eBay. £30. Thanks anyway..