WRT GR on their way.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

WRT GR on their way.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Grid refs for this years WRT should be with you this morning. If you don't have them by this afternoon and you've done all the usual things like ...

Checking spam
Remembering that someone else entered you
Realising that the email address linked to paypal isn't the one you use

and it still doesn't turn up, then email :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
techno

Re: WRT GR on their way.

Post by techno »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:48 am Grid refs for this years WRT should be with you this morning. If you don't have them by this afternoon and you've done all the usual things like ...

Checking spam
Remembering that someone else entered you
Realising that the email address linked to paypal isn't the one you use

and it still doesn't turn up, then email :wink:
Got em last night and I've drawn em on my maps.
Might be sending you some queries about route choice, as I'm bringing mini techno with me, if that's ok?
RIP

Post by RIP »

I'm traumatised. One possible route is almost an exact replica of the one Pickers, PeterS, MaM, and Reg did last September, when it rained heavily non-stop for 3 days and the Dyfi flooded the entire valley causing power cuts, train cancellations and 20-mile road diversions. Even Stu was stunned by the ferocity of the deluge.

But of course this is August so it'll be absolutely fine....
Last edited by RIP on Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Yeah but that's just one possible route Reg. There's plenty more to go at* :wink:

*no guarantee any will be dry though :-bd
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Fat bike (beach) route sorted..........

It includes a massive 3 grid refs........ which is unusual for me :-O
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Stu, you've mentioned earlier in the year about the police patrolling Hafren forest and other areas. Just wondering if that's still the case and whether it would affect potential bivy spots.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
RIP

Post by RIP »

whitestone wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:14 am Stu, you've mentioned earlier in the year about the police patrolling Hafren forest and other areas. Just wondering if that's still the case and whether it would affect potential bivy spots.
Good point. Think I might give the MaMReg Memorial Toilet Block a miss!
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

jay91

Post by jay91 »

Route sorted starting from over the border :smile:
Trying to ride bikes.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Stu, you've mentioned earlier in the year about the police patrolling Hafren forest and other areas. Just wondering if that's still the case and whether it would affect potential bivy spots.
I'd obviously employ a degree of stealth but I think we're all inclined to do that anyway. Police checks / patrols have ceased and life is quite normal now Bob. Certainly plenty of holiday makers knocking about.
RIP

Post by RIP »

So there's well over 40 old mines en route so that's me sorted. Was a bit down that Golden Sands wasn't a GR :sad: , but I've rallied considerably now, so thank you for some thoughtful GRs Stu (don't spoil it by mentioning the dartboard :wink: ). Just means I'll presumably have to go solo on my nerdy poking-around wanderings :-bd . I think it's going to be a good one.

middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Don’t forget to call in that little boozer reg and have one (or 4 for me ) then you can wobble your way up to our toilet block
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

A visit to the underground wheel Reg?
RIP

Post by RIP »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:21 pm A visit to the underground wheel Reg?
It's got to be on the cards hasn't it? I can make like a giant hamster.
middleagedmadness wrote: Don’t forget to call in that little boozer Reg and have one (or 4 for me ) then you can wobble your way up to our toilet block.
Will do mate. Envelope-back rough idea includes 43 mines, 6 pubs, 4 shops, 3 toilet blocks, 2 cafes and a beach so far. Bit low on the cafe count so that can't be right :wink: .

chris n

Post by chris n »

Q about the GR just east of Goginan: are the 'other routes' that meet at that point all rideable and accessible from the other ends?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

are the 'other routes' that meet at that point all rideable and accessible from the other ends?
Pretty much Chris.
chris n

Post by chris n »

Lovely, cheers Stuart. Often wondered about crossing the Rheidol down at Devil's Bridge - looks like I'll get the chance now. :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

middleagedmadness wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:07 pm Don’t forget to call in that little boozer reg and have one (or 4 for me ) then you can wobble your way up to our toilet block
Just remembered that we patronised toilet blocks on BOTH nights on that caper didn't we! Ludicrous. What's brilliant is we then didn't have to go far at all to deal with our pensioners' overnight waterworks issues :lol: . Really though, the whole situation just fitted superbly well with our 'lavatorial' sense of humour :-bd . Gonna miss having ya on WRT. Hope you have a bollox time at work :grin: .

middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

RIP wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:02 pm
middleagedmadness wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:07 pm Don’t forget to call in that little boozer reg and have one (or 4 for me ) then you can wobble your way up to our toilet block
Just remembered that we patronised toilet blocks on BOTH nights on that caper didn't we! Ludicrous. What's brilliant is we then didn't have to go far at all to deal with our pensioners' overnight waterworks issues :lol: . Really though, the whole situation just fitted superbly well with our 'lavatorial' sense of humour :-bd . Gonna miss having ya on WRT. Hope you have a bollox time at work :grin: .
Cheers reg , gonna have my own little self distancing (as no one really wants to ride with me) later that week as I’m off from the Tuesday onwards
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

So I might want to join up with one / more on this one as it'll only be my second venture outdoors this year and I'm still feeling pretty Bambi about all of it.

Will check with people closer to the date. Hopefully I can find a willing victim!