Exposure Reverse Charge Cable

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Escape Goat

Exposure Reverse Charge Cable

Post by Escape Goat »

Am I missing something? I expected an Exposure Plug to Micro USB or something... I have A USB charging cable for charging the light as well as the mains. Can anyone enlighten me?
boxelder

Re: Exposure Reverse Charge Cable

Post by boxelder »

sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

When buying the light? You only get the mains charger and the lead to charge from a USB.

The lead to charge a phone from the light is an accessory. They are available with different ends to suit your phone. I've got one, highly recommended.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Brilliant stuff. Thank you.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

So... firstly, thanks Sean and glad he (and by default 'we' cos I asked Allen about it once) got it figured out. I doubt they're still on offer but, on a side note: To recharge the Exposure out on the trails from a PB would I need to take the dedicated usb cable that come ssupplied or is there a way of adapting a standard usb cable to fit it. Just thinking in terms of how many cables one would end up carrying...
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

redefined_cycles wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:19 pm So... firstly, thanks Sean and glad he (and by default 'we' cos I asked Allen about it once) got it figured out. I doubt they're still on offer but, on a side note: To recharge the Exposure out on the trails from a PB would I need to take the dedicated usb cable that come ssupplied or is there a way of adapting a standard usb cable to fit it. Just thinking in terms of how many cables one would end up carrying...
Both my exposures came with a charger without a removable cable but I was able to buy a USB to Exposure cable on Amazon for a couple of quid. If you already have such a cable with a newer device then you should just be able to crack on and use a battery/phone charger.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

I have a Revo dynamo light which is fed via a Kemo switch from, of all things, a dynamo. If I plug this into the output port, can I charge my gps whilst powering the light? Just an aside, why does it use mini usb plug, I thought these are largely redundant now?
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

pistonbroke wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:40 am I have a Revo dynamo light which is fed via a Kemo switch from, of all things, a dynamo. If I plug this into the output port, can I charge my gps whilst powering the light? Just an aside, why does it use mini usb plug, I thought these are largely redundant now?
Revo output is not enough (and/or the wrong type) to work the charge cable
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Its for a rear light not for charging so wont really work - you may get somepower into a battery bank but it so trivial its basically non existent.
With a Revo I suspect the best thing to do is get a dedicated USB charger but the choice then becomes light or charge you cannot have both and then you need switches etc

Sinewave Beacon is the only light i know that does this all in one unit [ £350 new so not cheap] and it will run of an external battery which you can charge whilst the light is working -but it stays on at a constant rate at all times.
It is fantastic though and I cannot recommend it enough,