Just another nail.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I have no words really.

May the bridges you burn light your way
summittoppler

Re: Just another nail.

Post by summittoppler »

Unbelievable aren't they?

However it could become iconic like that bus left in Alaska (ok recently removed) . :wink:
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 4

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Was just about to post that myself.
I'm quite impressed somebody got it down there but what a tw@t.
RIP

Post by RIP »

I'm seriously impressed that they were considerate enough not to set it on fire! What's wrong with them? Amateur vandals obviously.

Of course, it could be the case that they'd left it there in pristine condition and just gone for a walk. Bit of a downer upon their return....
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

I don't think stuff like that will harm our goings on. Its so gratuitously wrong that our LNT bivvies will never get associated with it. Its the more insidious stuff like people who have fires and leave litter in remote spots, cause damage and bother but don't actually go as far as trashing a car in such places.

I note they left the reggy plate on so the cops could trace them, or its stolen so your talking total criminal activity......
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I don't think stuff like that will harm our goings on. Its so gratuitously wrong that our LNT bivvies will never get associated with it. Its the more insidious stuff like people who have fires and leave litter in remote spots, cause damage and bother but don't actually go as far as trashing a car in such places.
Aye but there's plenty of coffins Phil. No one could blame the estate if they said, sod it and closed the bothy.
May the bridges you burn light your way
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

I don't get people. How can they even consider this is slightly acceptable. Anywhere.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Would imagine they're not discreet wildcampers with lifelong navigation skills..... so give 'em their due, that's a dedicated effort to get to that remote spot after nicking it from Hampstead.....

Sorry to be flippant, nothing surprises me any more. Apart from the price some people seem willing to pay for shelter (*) perhaps.

(*) not bivvy shelter, although that can be quite playfully premium too :smile: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
tobasco

Post by tobasco »

I wish it was unbelievable. I go to the sticks to escape these twats.
tobasco

Post by tobasco »

Having said that, many a farmers field resembles a scrap yard
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

GregMay wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:43 pm I don't get people. How can they even consider this is slightly acceptable. Anywhere.
They don't want it to be acceptable, they want to leave this destruction and upset others. Any consequences won't affect them as they are already acting outside the law. Maybe they feel so disconnected from 'normal' society, they are of the view that they can do whatever they want and if their actions upset some rich middle class people, so much the better.....