How to glue this, to this?

Make your own gear? Talk about it here!

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Cheddar Man

Re: How to glue this, to this?

Post by Cheddar Man »

Punch a couple of holes through it and cable it to the frame. Just ship them off if you need to remove it. Dead cheap and quick.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Cheddar Man wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:49 pm Punch a couple of holes through it and cable it to the frame. Just ship them off if you need to remove it. Dead cheap and quick.
Afraid that won't work as it means puncturing holes and making my torrential proof (tested through the weeks around the floods) bag redundant :???: or at least needing retesting through torrentials again!! :sad:

In other news, regards the magnet idea. Ive been reading and appears the neodiddium (whatever) is safe(ish) as long as I'm not going into the multi KGs of pressure/magnetism... in summary - https://www.first4magnets.com/blog/will ... martphone/ - it says: 116kg of pull power is unsafe (no $#/€ Sherlock) but 1.8kg is safe enough :smile:

Only one way to find out...
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Right then... Just a quick (courtesy) update on this as I cracked it (or smashed it, if you ride brittle carbon)...

I did the silicone thing initially with my VHB thin 3M tape in the centre of the top tube and the silicone on the outer. Did me well and rode to Landon... Wasnt totally happy with it as I'd probably done a bit of a bodgy/shoddy job with the silicone and the 3M was rhe thinner stuff...

Did some searching and found a thicker version of that very stuff for irregular surfaces. Attached the waterproof (I can assure you, it is indeed [Alhamdulillah/All Praise Allah]) to the roadie which pretends to be a gravelly!

Now I got the Ms Grape through - when I was 5 I called Miss Saluk, Mrs Saluk... or whatever... all sounded the same to me and still do... she got very very mad :o still don't totally understand why but quite possibly my mum not speaking engleterre might have had summat to do with it - I digressed, sorry. So I got the Ms Grape through - cos I'm not sure what she'd prefer so trying to be safe - I did it again... Soz.

Gonna start a new sentence. So Ms Grape came through and am doint the same. Might aswell just post the pics to stop the digressions. Thanks all for your help and this stuff is some strong stuff. Just ensure you don't get any cheap copies...

As always... Excuse the wallpaper (one of these days the missus gonna make me change it, until then I'll keep riding the bikes)... Oh, and did I say, 'the orrible cow', Ms Saluk not the missus... Erm, I meant Miss Saluk or Mrs Saluk (hope she doesn't see this the scary woman!

To end on a happy note, if someone has a bag that they're having probs with and its got a smooth surface and want it permenantly attaching to the top-tube... Then just ride on over (just one bag please :-bd )