OT: big family tent recommendations

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

TheBrownDog

OT: big family tent recommendations

Post by TheBrownDog »

Evening teamsters.

I'm looking for a 6-person tent, preferably with three bedrooms but two will do at a pinch. I've been over the big camping store websites and have a few thoughts, and also found a Vaude Badawi Long on evilBay which would be perfect, but I suspect will go for circa £400, and I have circa half that to play with.

Here's the thing: I don't want another tunnel tent. It has to be something like the Vaude or something like the Outwell Hartford with rooms set up as pods. I have my reasons.

Any thunks?
I'm just going outside ...
Bearbonesnorm

Re: OT: big family tent recommendations

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Don't know if they do one large enough but we bought an air beam tent from Decathon a couple of years ago and it's very good. Quick to pitch, well made and stable.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

I can't advise on specifics other than to say that every Outwell tent I've had has been good.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Yeah Tim get one of them there blow-up jobbies! Hours of entertainment for all the family before you've even got inside it :smile: . You'll need a lot of puff though I reckon for those big 'uns.

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/camping/te ... ble-tents/
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Al

Post by Al »

Enjoyed watching one of those inflatable tents at Cae Du on the Welsh coast in crazy winds. Lots of people packing up tents with broken poles and heading home early. Each gust flattened it to the floor then it would pop right back up. The chap inside sat in a deck chair reading his book while the tent stuck to him each time like a shrink wrap silhouette.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

RIP wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:21 pm Yeah Tim get one of them there blow-up jobbies! Hours of entertainment for all the family before you've even got inside it :smile: . You'll need a lot of puff though I reckon for those big 'uns.

Missus got a blow up pool. Bout the size of a single bed. Me, the family and our Joe Blow. Only took about 3 days to pump it up... obviously we wasnt on it for 72 hours but a few hours per day (maybe twice a day, a few hours)...

Good, erm... fun
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Got just the tent for you then, a Sahara 6.
Used twice.
Bought the carpet to go with it, I'll chuck that in too.
As far as I remember it's in mint condition except for one pole that's a different colour.
Happily let it go for 200 groats, we've got another tent that gets all the use so this is just taking up shelf space.

Reviews here, none of the pictures on it are mine.

https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/TENTS/p/Hi ... ara-6/1109
Al

Post by Al »

redefined_cycles wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:42 pm
RIP wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:21 pm Yeah Tim get one of them there blow-up jobbies! Hours of entertainment for all the family before you've even got inside it :smile: . You'll need a lot of puff though I reckon for those big 'uns.

Missus got a blow up pool. Bout the size of a single bed. Me, the family and our Joe Blow. Only took about 3 days to pump it up... obviously we wasnt on it for 72 hours but a few hours per day (maybe twice a day, a few hours)...

Good, erm... fun
We bought a huge paddling pool to entertain the kids during lock down. Used a cut up bottle from a plant sprayer and some gaffa tape and blew it up with the leaf blower. Very quickly :-bd