When?????

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ScotRoutes

Re: When?????

Post by ScotRoutes »

If the population of Scotland is less healthy than England AND the infection rate is higher AND the death rate is lower, then the standard of hospital care must be absolutely stellar compared with that in England.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Can't die from covid if they're already dead tbf :lol:

ballibeg

Post by ballibeg »

BBC reporting that wild camping is banned still in Scotland as numbers can't be managed.

Good luck with that.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

In Reverse wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:08 pm
Borderer wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:34 pm
Please don't come to Scotland just now. We are doing really well at containing Covid and would like it to stay that way.
Should we mention at this point that Scotland has a higher infection rate than England? :wink:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/?_ga=2. ... 1585775630
Oops!

ImageAnnotation 2020-07-03 230541 by Colin Cadden, on Flickr
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Quick, close the borders again! :lol:

Wales is an absolute pariah at the moment. :shock: RIP llads.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

What’s the situation with Wales and Wild Camping? I’m thinking it’s still a no even though the borders are now open (yippeee!)
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

What’s the situation with Wales and Wild Camping? I’m thinking it’s still a no even though the borders are now open (yippeee!)
Officially it's a no. July 13th will see some campsites and other accommodation open but you must be self-contained so no tents on campsites only caravans and campers.

Obviously there's something of a flaw here as (a) you really can't get more self-contained than wild camping (b) it's not legal anyway so it's hard to give it a green light. My thinking is, once tents are allowed on campsites then ......

However, the message across the UK seems very mixed and at present it's hard to know whch way is up or what's an arse and what's an elbow :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

:YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE:
FLV

Post by FLV »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:07 pm :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE:
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Cheers Stu
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

From today's " moving to phase 3 route map" For Scotland

" All holiday accommodation can re-open from Wednesday, "

Does this apply to camp sites and wild camping? Cant find any specific breakdown.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

woodsmith wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:51 pm From today's " moving to phase 3 route map" For Scotland

" All holiday accommodation can re-open from Wednesday, "

Does this apply to camp sites and wild camping? Cant find any specific breakdown.
I expect it will be covered by a specific/more detailed document next week.

In the meantime, you can go to a beer garden and share the toilets with a load of drunks. But, you know, wild camping in the middle of nowhere is somehow risky :roll:

I'm afraid logic long since went out of the window.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

There does seem to be a lot of weight behind the economic drivers for reopening certain sectors. Given the activity in the "Postman's been" thread, I'm surprised bikepacking is so far down the list.
ballibeg

Post by ballibeg »

I'm on Skye. There's plenty of tents next to cars in lay-bys. No sign of them being moved on so looks like it's a free for all.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Landslide wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:59 pm There does seem to be a lot of weight behind the economic drivers for reopening certain sectors. Given the activity in the "Postman's been" thread, I'm surprised bikepacking is so far down the list.
Quite. As I said in the other thread, the kicker for me was when I realised that I would be allowed to go to Primark, but not bivvy in the middle of nowhere. I gave up with "the rules" after that and just applied common sense.

Or, as I saw more succinctly on social media somewhere: "you can't go within 2m of someone else unless there's a card reader in the room".
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

thenorthwind wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:25 pm Or, as I saw more succinctly on social media somewhere: "you can't go within 2m of someone else unless there's a card reader in the room".
:lol:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Judging from the scenes around Betws yesterday, I'd say that Wales in well and truly open. However, there does seem a litle resentment in some areas but I imagine that's very localised.
May the bridges you burn light your way
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:35 am However, there does seem a litle resentment in some areas but I imagine that's very localised.
Ooo it will bring back memories of Wales as a child :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

People do appear different out now. I rode solo in Yorkshire and most ignored me.

There was one old lady who offered to refil my water, she seen how apprehensive I was as soon as she offered, then she said the kitchen is right there, please fill your water bottle up yourself and opened the door for me.

I had a lovely chat with her, mentioning she was a life saver. I always struggle to find water to filter in Yorkshire oddly. Just little trickle streams from surface run off.

You'll still find people like Lucy. She was so kind, living in a house on the Moors with nobody around.

I'd say around, it is localised, but there's still nice folk out there. She even went as far to inform me there's no bridal track, just a right of way and told me the best way up and over the Moor.

Not Wales, still a legend.
FLV

Post by FLV »

I thought I'd put this question here rather than start another thread.

Has anyone travelled by train with a bike recently? Wondering how that went / would go.

Ta
RIP

Post by RIP »

Yep twice on local trains. Put a mask on as told, everything else no different to normal.

Was meant to be going to Wales this weekend but deferred until following one for family reasons. Until recently you just had to ensure you had a reserved seat and were on 'essential' journey.

I think a few days ago Govt said 'now use public transport as usual'. Just take whatever precautions you feel like, or not for that matter.

Guaranteed a seat anyway!
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
RIP

Post by RIP »

Still trying to book Wales tickets from Dahn Sarf. Bit of a palaver but I don't give up easily. Usually the very nice lady in the station office sorts me out but reservations are being with-held until the last minute in some cases. So I've managed to get myself back, but I can't reserve the outward until the afternoon beforehand! I love a bit of nail-biting suspense though.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

FLV

Post by FLV »

Cheers Reg. I guess I dont actually need to use a train. I do enjoy the occasional 'get on a train somewhere and ride home' trip though which is what I had in mind.
RIP

Post by RIP »

I reckon numbers are still quite low so pretty much guaranteed to get wherever you want. Do you get on at a Hope Valley Line station? I can't remember now, apologies. Mebbes just turn up and wing it - always a good way of starting a BP journey :-bd .