Handlebar Harness Advice

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Lughnasadh

Handlebar Harness Advice

Post by Lughnasadh »

Thanks to one of the forum members I have my back end (teehee) luggage sorted with a WCG Tiger.

So now my mind is turning to the front end. I currently use a couple of sea-to-summit compression dry bags a 20Lt and a 10Lt.
My first ride I had the 20 on the back and the 10 on the front. I changed this around for the second ride as the bag was close to the wheel with the 20 on the back. Now I will have the Tiger I will need to use the 10L on the back.

Using the compression sack on the handle bars is OK but it takes a little bit of time to remove and re-attach to the bike if I need something out of it so I am thinking a harness will be more user friendly.
I would also like to stick to the 20Lt bag as it holds all my light stuff - sleeping bag, down vest, sleep mat, bivi bag and bug inner tent and compresses down to about 15Lt.

So, now I will stop rambling and get down to my question. Does anyone know if any of the handlebar harnesses are large enough to work with a 20Lt bag (at around 15Lt or so size)?
Using the bag alone I have plently of clearance from the front tyre so that should not be a problem.
I would also be keen to hear from WCG harness owners as I like to keep things matching (I am a little OCD).

Cheers in advance!
Stevemorg

Re: Handlebar Harness Advice

Post by Stevemorg »

The wildcat harness is a great piece of kit - way better (IMHO) than the Revelate sling. I usually have a 13l dry bag in it which is perfect - I have used it with a 20l drybag and it just took a little more care with set up - once it was done the bag stayed in place and didn't interfere with the wheel (though I am running a 26incher with 120mm Foxes)
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

On last years winter bivvy I had a 20l in a Wildcat. There wasn't a massive amount of tyre clearance but it was a rigid 29er running a 2.4 trye and I tend to fit the harness quite low anyway ... so yes it will fit.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Lughnasadh

Post by Lughnasadh »

Thanks for all the feedback guys.