The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

TheBrownDog

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by TheBrownDog »

Thanks Stu, yep I could do with another 5cm .... ok I will stop there. Actually I think another 10cm might be useful as it would give you the option to really raise her skirts (sorry ... sorry :oops: ) and banish the evil condensation cloud in warmer weather. You can always tilt the pole away from the tent - not like it HAS to be perfectly vertical. Stu, will ping you a PM later.
I'm just going outside ...
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Received my #grassupthemiddle patch today :-bd
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

voodoo_simon wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:17 pm Received my #grassupthemiddle patch today :-bd
Grass up the middle ...... I had images that I should not have had because Ive been locked up too long (or down ... whatever)

But that's lovely that is.

BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:18 pm If you need an extender (eh and don't we all at our age) give me a shout.
I thought I did, turned out that all I needed to do is alter the angle of my pole and it was plenty, so I’ve a few inches going spare, your welcome to them Tim but the girth might be bigger than you need :-bd

https://mobile.twitter.com/thefastshow1 ... 2935644161
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Cheers Steve, but I'm good. Sorted it with Stu.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

A paddle, some footrest rubbers and carbon fibre supplies. Most days are quite varied.
May the bridges you burn light your way
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Popped into Swinnerton Cycles ( Stoke-on-trent) on the way past, which was nice :-bd I visited them five years ago on my Jogle, today I picked up a Hope 180mm disk to replace the on the wear limit icetech. Given my very uncertain employment future (entrainment rigging) I might have let it go a while longer but I can’t quite shake the feeling that the aluminium/steel sandwich, while good for heat performance, might suddenly go a bit wobbly if I let it go.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

Some spokes to build a slightly wider rear wheel for the Stooge and some cheap Planet X sunnies. Lenses seem surprisingly good.
robsmuddygloves

Post by robsmuddygloves »

Some genetic digest bars and an Aussie grit waterproof jacket, no idea if it’s waterproof, but it feels lovely. Cheers for the heads up. :-bd
Gari

Post by Gari »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/U ... xyJZIwMgBh

Just arrived about 10mins ago so no chance to look at it properly, but looks pretty well made. Hopefully a chance to pitch in the garden once I get back this afternoon.
Liteway mesh inner, bought for using with the Khufu and Hexamid.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

And I now have a lovely Garmin VivoActive 4 smartwatch.

I got on much better with the Forerunner 35 than I thought I would. It became my default tracking device and I was using it for all my activities that were less than full day efforts and I didn't need a navigation aid. The VivoActive adds a a few more functions (including pool swimming). It's a bit bigger but not massively thick so I'm hoping I'll not feel it too obtrusive.
slarge

Post by slarge »

Bit of a bumper delivery:

Aussie Grit waterproof jacket - bright orange - ideal for road use
Mt Zoom bars for the Epic - 114 grams of carbon loveliness
ESI Chunky grips and Ti brake caliper bolts also for the Epic.
And a warranty replacement rear shock for the Epic - the brain bit had stopped thinking on the old one.

The Epic is down to just under 10kg, so quite happy with that! Best get riding it....
FLV

Post by FLV »

slarge wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:26 am The Epic is down to just under 10kg, so quite happy with that! Best get riding it....
Only 'quite happy' Sounds like theres more to come :-)
FLV

Post by FLV »

RF chainset and Absolute black ring.

All I need now is the frame to show up... few more weeks yet...
slarge

Post by slarge »

FLV wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:10 am
slarge wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:26 am The Epic is down to just under 10kg, so quite happy with that! Best get riding it....
Only 'quite happy' Sounds like theres more to come :-)
It's diminishing returns now Dave - I think I have spent enough and it is now big outlay for not much weight save, or moving to silly light stuff (fragile tyres etc). I have some Hope brakes on order and want to move to SHimano gears (from SRAM), then that's it.
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

A pair of cheap (16 quid) mini binoculars for watching wildlife, etc. on my off-road excursions. Obviously not as capable as my full-size binos but surprisingly good for the price.
One day, you’ll wake up and there won't be any more time to do the thing you always wanted to do. Do it now. – Paolo Coelho
robsmuddygloves

Post by robsmuddygloves »

JimmyG wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:50 pm A pair of cheap (16 quid) mini binoculars for watching wildlife, etc. on my off-road excursions. Obviously not as capable as my full-size binos but surprisingly good for the price.
Any chance you’ve got a link, really fancy a pair when I’m out.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Binos are my (occasional) luxury item.
slarge

Post by slarge »

robsmuddygloves wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:57 pm
JimmyG wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:50 pm A pair of cheap (16 quid) mini binoculars for watching wildlife, etc. on my off-road excursions. Obviously not as capable as my full-size binos but surprisingly good for the price.
I have a couple of pairs of binos that are free to good home - they are very cheap (probably £5.99 with 10 litres of fuel or something like that) and wouldn't stand scrutiny by an enthusiast, however for a biking pair that you don't care if they get damaged etc they could be ideal. Very small - I think about 100x70x40mm overall. You're welcome to a pair for postage if you want them.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

That book RIP was on about. I ordered it from Amazon though which somehow seems almost at odds with the subject matter :???: :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Blackwell's, same price, "family business" (it says 'ere). I realise this is unhelpful at this point :smile: .

'Reg'
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

A 10cm length of crabon fibre tubing with a bung at one end, and an exquisitely constructed teeny weeny ickle 8g meths stove plus tapered windshield from BearBones Towers. Thanks Stu.

I gave it test run and it happily boiled 450ml of water in just over 7 mins. It's only 50g lighter than my current cup-of-water-boiling-kit but it's far less bulk and means I can carry a wee bottle of meths in the cup as well. Time will tell which I go with in the long term, and a part of that will be how I get on with the stability of the thing. I need to experiment with how tight I make the windshield round the cup so it gives it some stability.

Yaah .... experiments!!
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I need to experiment with how tight I make the windshield round the cup so it gives it some stability.
It can be pretty snug Tim as the top holes are low enough to let everything out when fastened tightly. :wink:
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

robsmuddygloves wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:57 pm
Here you go. There are other brands available on the site obviously but I took a punt with these ones and so far they seem like they'll be more than adequate for my needs. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
One day, you’ll wake up and there won't be any more time to do the thing you always wanted to do. Do it now. – Paolo Coelho
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

A reet big box of stuff from AcePac, including their new harnesses, pot bags and tool rolls. Once I've sorted it all out I'll post something in case anyone wants owt before I add it all to the shop.