Paisley Freight

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Al

Paisley Freight

Post by Al »

A ranty grumble....

So just sold a bike and needed to ship it. Used paisley freight as they are fairly reasonable price and have used before.
Should have been delivered today but got home from work to find email saying they are holding the parcel as it is 2cm too long and I need to pay £25 to release it!!
No phone call, office is now shut and it’s been returned to the depot. Bloke waiting for the bike has been sat in all day waiting for it. :roll:
TheBrownDog

Re: Paisley Freight

Post by TheBrownDog »

Utter freaking shitey arseball basterd fucktards ....... all I can say. I hate it when sheet like this happens, as it kinda takes away any semblance of customer ownsership ....... so get on the social meeja and tear these fucktards a new hole. 2cm too long. Who the feck are they kidding?
I'm just going outside ...
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

These companies all have volumetric shipping rates. If it really is larger than booked then there's little you can do.
Al

Post by Al »

ScotRoutes wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:48 pm These companies all have volumetric shipping rates. If it really is larger than booked then there's little you can do.
Perhaps, but they could have phoned so the parcel wasn’t delayed.

...And I will never uses them again for being such utter twats about it. Given my revolving door of bike ownership and eBay addiction I suspect they will lose a good deal more the £25 of my custom over it.
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Not quite the same but I once packaged up a frame and got it under the Hermes limit in all dimensions. The drop-off shop however refused it as he didn't have enough space in his storeroom. :roll:
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Happened to me with Parcels2Go. Sent via them for Parcelforce48. Bout a week or 2 later they said same thing and wanted an extra £45 or summat saying PF refused to deliver as it wss linger than the required 1m. Thing is I took almist half a day revising the size of the parcel and moving the kids bike inside then recutting the cardboard and repackaging... Even had some pics (some cal it coincidence) of the measurements at 98cm...

Got on their 'I protest' section as there's no email or number to call or no answer. Each time I added the pics of my parcel it wouldn't get accepted and in the meanwhile or resident BBer confirmed that it'd been delivered without a problem...

MyHermes done similar previously with me but I had no evidence and didn't pay. Seems to me like an industry standard for all the cheap companies. Maybe like the parking charge people!! (ie. The dirty beggars)...
RIP

Post by RIP »

Bad luck Al, very cheesey that. Paisley eh? >AWOOGA. WARNING: Reg digression alert..<. I once needed to transport a big chunk of metal from Kilmarnock back down here. It was when they had "proper" guards vans on trains. Got it as far as Glasgow Central on one train, then bunged it into the guards van on the London train. Just passing Motherwell and guard appears in our compartment. "That your package in the van Jamie?", "Yes", "It's too long, it's over four feet long, it should have been booked on. I ought to put it off at the next station". OK let's go and have a look. Get to to the guards compartment, which is 30 feet long by 8 feet wide and TOTALLY empty apart from the package I'd put in the middle. He looks at it for a while. I look at it for a while. "OK, if it's too long you can put it off. Got a tape measure?". No. No proof then sorry mate. Package stayed on until London.

On the other hand I had a very nice pair of steel toe wellies delivered today with no problems whatsoever.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Already posted elsewhere but at least the couriers around here are honest.
Contrastingly, I posted a headset to Shafiq recently, took it to the Correos and they weighed it, it was 110g which meant a cost of €6. The lovely lady at the office trimmed the cardboard envelope I'd packed it in and got it to 100g which reduced the cost to €2.50.
RIP

Post by RIP »

pistonbroke wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:18 am was 110g which meant a cost of €6. The lovely lady at the office trimmed the cardboard envelope I'd packed it in and got it to 100g which reduced the cost to €2.50.
Your bikepacking expertise came in handy there - shaving every last ounce/gramme. Postal equivalent of cutting labels off your clothing :-bd .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Alan63

Post by Alan63 »

I thought this name rang a bell as they're not that far from me.

Found an fb post dating back to 2013 which recommended not using them. The seller had a bike returned to them as it had been "damaged in transit" ie smashed to bits.
BaM 2021
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

pistonbroke wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:18 am Already posted elsewhere but at least the couriers around here are honest.
Contrastingly, I posted a headset to Shafiq recently, took it to the Correos and they weighed it, it was 110g which meant a cost of €6. The lovely lady at the office trimmed the cardboard envelope I'd packed it in and got it to 100g which reduced the cost to €2.50.
I can confirm they lived up to their name (but still a bit faster than RM who delivered something from the Peaks after 2 to 3 weeks). Lovely headset by the way. Trasnsformed my ride :smile: :-bd Dont have to look down at no name (well brandX) headset anymore. Buttery smooth too
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Found an fb post dating back to 2013 which recommended not using them. The seller had a bike returned to them as it had been "damaged in transit" ie smashed to bits.
I found loads on FB that says the world is flat, vaccinations kill you and cause autism and any other view you wish to hold whatever the evidence
its not surprising than anyone who distributes parcels has issues from time to time so its hardly surprising you can find someone who has had poor service for any company- the number is critical not whether you can find anything.
FB is not news or facts - surely everyone knows this
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

LOL.

Today's challenge could be to find a freight/delivery company with zero bad reviews :lol: