And I thought women were ba(g)d...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Escape Goat

And I thought women were ba(g)d...

Post by Escape Goat »

Hello, My name is Escape Goat and I have a bag problem.

Who here owns either more bags than bikes, or more set ups than is needed, though you are clinging on to because you just like them ok so much?

I personally love having slightly different set ups available, and new bags waiting to be used.
ScotRoutes

Re: And I thought women were ba(g)d...

Post by ScotRoutes »

Handbags?
Drybags?
Baggy trousers?
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Escape Goat wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:33 pm Who here owns either more bags than bikes, or more set ups than is needed
The problem you have is not too many bags but not owning enough bikes :grin:

I do have a good collection of luggage/equipment but most of it still gets regular use, I select the bag depending upon the trip.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

MMM two front bags - one for drop bar Alpkit kanga for MTB- two dry bags for that
one frame bag
one seat pack - bikepacking

Its too many cyling clothes that appears to be my affliction- commuting bumps that number up a fair bit mind.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Oh yes, I used to suffer but then I sold many of them to you Allen :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:05 pm Oh yes, I used to suffer but then I sold many of them to you Allen :wink:
:-bd - you're a feeder, that's what you are!
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Guilty.
Currently amassing a full set of custom Rockgeist bags for my Krampus. Got a Dr Jones loop bar bag on order as we speak.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
benp1

Post by benp1 »

What sort of bags? I only have one set of proper bikepacking bags, but I have loads of others now. I think i've now crept past 20 rucksacks...
FLV

Post by FLV »

Me too... and none of them match properly...
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

I habitually ride with some sort of frame bag and some sort of tool carrying bag (typically a revelate gas tank as I have standards) After wasting minutes swapping bags over between bikes I decided to get one set for each. I was down one Gas tank until BSS kindly sold me another one :???: :grin: . I currently have two spare frame bags so guess whats coming next.......
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

My excuse to myself is that the two bikes that I've used for bikepacking / touring have completely different clearances for the bar, frame and seat pack so eventually I will need to accumulate different bags for each. That's without even going full #gravel and getting a spiffing front and back set of carradice bags in burgundy that would look top notch on the black arkose.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

htrider wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:44 pm I habitually ride with some sort of frame bag and some sort of tool carrying bag (typically a revelate gas tank as I have standards) After wasting minutes swapping bags over between bikes I decided to get one set for each. I was down one Gas tank until BSS kindly sold me another one :???: :grin: . I currently have two spare frame bags so guess whats coming next.......
2 new bikes?? Baggy first if you're selling em (the bags)
PaulE

Post by PaulE »

I'm not too bad with bike bags, but have a pretty serious running bag problem...

4 different sizes of bum bag, from just a phone, key and gel up to all day on the hills.

3 sizes of backpack - 6 litre "vest" type, 10 litre backpack and 20 litre for overnight trips.

Chest pack to attach to the larger 2 backpacks for extra capacity which is easy to reach on the go.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

redefined_cycles wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:25 pm
htrider wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:44 pm I habitually ride with some sort of frame bag and some sort of tool carrying bag (typically a revelate gas tank as I have standards) After wasting minutes swapping bags over between bikes I decided to get one set for each. I was down one Gas tank until BSS kindly sold me another one :???: :grin: . I currently have two spare frame bags so guess whats coming next.......
Sell a bag???

Lets just indulge ourselves.
Wildcat snow leopard bought off Ian B (as used on the wildcat gear website for modelling purposes!)
Revelate frame bag for a Salsa Fargo. Fits ICT fine. Lots of other Rev bags in this pic natch
Wildcat Ocelots spleen bought out of their closing down sale. Also on show Rev pika and Alpikt stem cell thingies
Early Wildcat frame bag originally made for an One one inbred 29er......
Likewise on said Inbred (actually not correct I owned two and the frame bag was made for the other one) Also early bikepack.eu seatpack and wildcat leopard harness.
Wildcat snow leopard frame bag custom made for the Jones - half the price of the Rev one and effective at concealing the top tube in this landscape!
Carrying on the cam theme (walter mitty) but not well matched to the landscape. Also showing 1/3 rev gas tanks. (4th is an acepac one)

Errr. I still have all of these bags......
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

htrider wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:15 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:25 pm
Sell a bag???

Lets just indulge ourselves.
Wildcat snow leopard bought off Ian B (as used on the wildcat gear website for modelling purposes!)
Revelate frame bag for a Salsa Fargo. Fits ICT fine. Lots of other Rev bags in this pic natch
Wildcat Ocelots spleen bought out of their closing down sale. Also on show Rev pika and Alpikt stem cell thingies
Early Wildcat frame bag originally made for an One one inbred 29er......
Likewise on said Inbred (actually not correct I owned two and the frame bag was made for the other one) Also early bikepack.eu seatpack and wildcat leopard harness.
Wildcat snow leopard frame bag custom made for the Jones - half the price of the Rev one and effective at concealing the top tube in this landscape!
Carrying on the cam theme (walter mitty) but not well matched to the landscape. Also showing 1/3 rev gas tanks. (4th is an acepac one)

Errr. I still have all of these bags......
Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Glad you're not selling any cos I saved some money :-bd
The Cumbrian

Post by The Cumbrian »

I'm in the process of selling my rucsac mountain. I'm moving house and L keep on finding them and adding them to the pile of stuff that's being sold to fund a new bike. And then there are the jackets...
“I want to see the wild country again before I die, and the Mountains..."
Bilbo Baggins.
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Like that I'm not alone, but saying that I'm rather happy collecting. It's nice for the choice.