The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

whitestone

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by whitestone »

With one of them Pedro's Tulio QR based multi-tools.

Looks quite well designed though the 5mm/6mm hex key bit is only held in by a magnet so it might be better kept somewhere else but it does seem quite firmly held.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
benp1

Post by benp1 »

whitestone wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:47 am With one of them Pedro's Tulio QR based multi-tools.

Looks quite well designed though the 5mm/6mm hex key bit is only held in by a magnet so it might be better kept somewhere else but it does seem quite firmly held.
Let us know how you get on Bob. I saw the heads up on the bargain alert thread and thought about one for the back of the Solaris. Decided against it for more faff and it'll get filthy, but some real world thoughts would be interesting
FLV

Post by FLV »

Postie brought some well fast tyres, they've been on order for a while. 2,25 Vittoria Terreno. He already brought some wonky bars. Part of some (as per usual) costly experimentation to make my hardtail/rigid ride differently to another bike - which the frame of which hasn't arrived, nor has an eta :roll:
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

FLV wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:42 am Postie brought some well fast tyres, they've been on order for a while. 2,25 Vittoria Terreno. He already brought some wonky bars. Part of some (as per usual) costly experimentation to make my hardtail/rigid ride differently to another bike - which the frame of which hasn't arrived, nor has an eta :roll:
Which wonky bars?
FLV

Post by FLV »

Ritchey Kyote.

I've tried them once, but my brake hose was too short so could only turn left. They were weird, but I don't think in a bad way. I've tried Jones bars twice but the sweep is too much for me. The Kyotes put your grips in a very similar 'centre point' position to a riser, slightly rearwards, but of course with the angle. It would seem that the forward curvy bit could offer a slightly forward hand position too.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

benp1 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:26 am
whitestone wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:47 am With one of them Pedro's Tulio QR based multi-tools.

Let us know how you get on Bob. I saw the heads up on the bargain alert thread and thought about one for the back of the Solaris. Decided against it for more faff and it'll get filthy, but some real world thoughts would be interesting
Just gone to fit it and ...

It's designed for road bikes! The body of the tool fouls the "cowl" where the seat and chain stays meet at the drop out :roll: This is the same on both Solaris and Spearfish. A bit of thought and I had a look round the various spares draws and I came across a 5mm thick washer of some sort. That pushes the body/lever out enough that you can fit it. Only problem is that my washer is maybe 10mm diameter and isn't knurled in the way that the bits on QR skewers are. I'll have a look round for something that's a bit better before riding.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Ain't it beautifully crafted. Thanks you Peak District lovely man... :-bd
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Some Love Mud flat bars from Alpkit, ordered on the bank holiday and arrived this morning, speedy service :-bd

Here’s hoping my brake hoses are long enough now :lol:
shutupthepunx

Post by shutupthepunx »

redefined_cycles wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:03 am Ain't it beautifully crafted. Thanks you Peak District lovely man... :-bd
that was nice someone sent you a shoe. the green sock looked good on you but the craftmanship on this outdoes it
Last edited by shutupthepunx on Thu May 28, 2020 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

That's either a really really big collar, a tiny, tiny box or neither and there's summat weird going on with your foot Shaf.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Boab

Post by Boab »

... and delivered some new rubber, sealant and cleats.

There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
redefined_cycles

shutupthepunx wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:30 am
redefined_cycles wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:03 am Ain't it beautifully crafted. Thanks you Peak District lovely man... :-bd
that was nice someone sent you a shoe. the green sock looked good on you but the craftmanship on this outdoes it
Lol... Arcteryx for £100... Had to wait about 6 weeks for em at the time. Currently they're being a pest (delamination issue) which am expecting the seller (SportsPursuits) to sort for me or at least advise on how to repair/have repaired... :-bd
redefined_cycles

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:34 am That's either a really really big collar, a tiny, tiny box or neither and there's summat weird going on with your foot Shaf.
After having relooked at the pic... Am quite impressed I managed a bit of abstract photography (if thats what they call it). Looks like a pizza box :grin:
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

He's just dropped off yet another Alpkit Woodsmoke shirt. I've been living in these since lockdown started. They're not cheap at £60 but incredibly comfortable, very hard wearing, fine to wear in anything up to 25deg, don't get too smelly, have strong popper buttons, nice sized pockets, dry in an hour and are just about smart enough for Skype calls with senior execs.
I'm just going outside ...
shutupthepunx

Post by shutupthepunx »

...with 4 packages all for me.

- winter tent fer't arctic (thanks richpips)
- bell, headset spacers and snuggnut from bikeminger (that was a genuine typo but im not gona correct it. though no mallice intended)
- plain and patterned grosgrain from some craftstore. 25metre roll of 1" black for £4 is way cheaper than buyin it by the metre elsewhere
- and onewrap velcro and some plastic gubbins from point north.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

As of yet, bugger all. I think I'm waiting for maybe half a dozen things, mainly work related so they do arrive it'll become slightly manic for a few hours :roll:
benp1

Post by benp1 »

TheBrownDog wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:53 pm He's just dropped off yet another Alpkit Woodsmoke shirt. I've been living in these since lockdown started. They're not cheap at £60 but incredibly comfortable, very hard wearing, fine to wear in anything up to 25deg, don't get too smelly, have strong popper buttons, nice sized pockets, dry in an hour and are just about smart enough for Skype calls with senior execs.
I like mine too, have used it for walking/biking/work videocalls but I find them quite warm. I'd melt above about 20C

Are you cold blooded Tim? :shock:
UnderTheRadars

Post by UnderTheRadars »

redefined_cycles wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:07 pm
Lol... Arcteryx for £100... Had to wait about 6 weeks for em at the time. Currently they're being a pest (delamination issue) which am expecting the seller (SportsPursuits) to sort for me or at least advise on how to repair/have repaired... :-bd
I ordered a pair of Arc’teryx approach shoes last year, can’t get on with them as the neoprene-esque sock thingy is too tight to get your foot in to with a pair of socks on
redefined_cycles

UnderTheRadars wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:31 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:07 pm
I ordered a pair of Arc’teryx approach shoes last year, can’t get on with them as the neoprene-esque sock thingy is too tight to get your foot in to with a pair of socks on
Same problem here for the first 6 months or so and so much so that I almost sold em on for cheap/er. But then reconsidered and thought bout how to get em on/off. There's actually a knack to it and as they've bedded in they've only ever got nicer and more comfy. I think I managed about 30H wearing em without any feetache that had me really converted.

Persevere, or you might end uo moving forward a perfectly good/best pair of shoes. The waterproofing/breathability is amazing too
UnderTheRadars

Post by UnderTheRadars »

I must learn that knack!
UnderTheRadars

Post by UnderTheRadars »

..... And delivered my Alpkit Elan
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

..... And delivered my Alpkit Elan
Once you've had a look, can you tell me whether it has a tie-out on the foot end? Some folk have been asking about poles to raise the foot end up but without a loop it's a bit of a none starter.
UnderTheRadars

Post by UnderTheRadars »

Just been out an unfurled it all again for you, I’ll stick pix up in moment, website being a bit shonky for me

Best I could do one handed
Last edited by UnderTheRadars on Fri May 29, 2020 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Warranty fix on my Hope R4. Had this since they were first launched and it died (the head unit, batteries still going fine) after a few rides early in lockdown. Must be 5 or 6 (??) years old and they've replaced the lead FOC to get it working again.

Cheers Hope :-bd
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Endura singletrack shorts
Rockshox fork oil& Slick kick fork grease
To do a 50 hour service :shock:
Trying to ride bikes.