Moors One Hundred 2021

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Growler

Moors One Hundred 2021

Post by Growler »

Hi Boners

As we’re sure you’re already aware, the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has meant that it’s now vital to limit social contact and avoid gathering. For that reason, we’ve made the incredibly difficult decision to cancel this years Moors One Hundred. While we know this is disappointing, we hope you can understand the steps we’re taking to help keep our attendees and staff safe.

We have waited as long as possible in the hope of some sort of solution, and even put in detailed plans to run in September if the original date was not possible. However it is now clear that any running of this event in 2020 is simply not possible. Despite our best efforts to go ahead and keeping everything crossed, it just can't be run safely.

We are all hugely dissapointed, absolutely gutted to say the least. We have worked incredibly hard over the last year to make this into one of the best weekends of cycling in the UK.

Moors 100 has never been a commercially motivated project (and i'm not knocking those do events for a living, I now appreciate just how much of a headache it can be!), just a dream to build what to us is the best weekend imaginable, a great route in the best part of the country, topped off with a great evening of food, drink and live music at High Paradise Farm. So many people have helped with this project and I desperately wanted this to happen as reward for all their dedication and the love they poured into making this dream come true.

The final decsion came yesterday after talking to various suppliers, our friends at Goathland Hub and High Paradise who all agreed that running this year was just not safe to do and secondly, logistically impossible.

What happens next?

We have postponed the event to 25-27 June 2021. We are hoping that by then life will have returned to normal and we can run without restrictions, although even this we cannot be sure of. No one knows. Both the start venue and overnight stay are both reserved and we are talking to the musicians we had lined up and to also to our brilliant food providers.

All tickets for the 2020 event will still be valid for next years event and automatically added to the entry list in January. Until we know how things pan out we will not be offering any more tickets for next years event. If we do have cancellations, we could offer these to your friends who missed out this year and to those on the reserve list, but again this will be sorted out nearer the time when we have better understanding of the situation.

We are also talking to Eventbrite about refunds should you wish to go down that route, again this is all new to us and we are just trying to grapple with how that aspect works. We dearly hope that you choose this option as a last resort though as 100% of the ticket price goes directly to our partners, the local businesses up on the Moors that make this event possible. All ticket monies will be held by Eventbrite and guaranteed until the running of the 2021 event too.

I'm desperately sorry that this event cannot go ahead, I was so looking forward to meeting you all and showing you all our beautiful Moors. I'll count the days until that can happen. Until then please keep safe and healthy. If you need to get in touch do so.

Finally I would like to thank everyone who has helped out on this event. I know you have given everything for this. You will get your hugs and a beer when this event runs again, and it will, better than ever, just hang on in there!

Thank you for your understanding

Si

MoorsOneHundred
Last edited by Growler on Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ssnowman

Re: Moors One Hundred Postponed to 2021

Post by ssnowman »

Disappointing but anticipated and understandable.

Looking forward to doing it next year!
May satan walk with you
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

as per the previous thread i can afford to lose the fees if it helps the businesses out or yourselves with any costs incurred

If not required then see you next year
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Shame I was looking forward to this, not unexpected though. Hopefully things will be a little brighter soon.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

Lazarus wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:16 pm as per the previous thread i can afford to lose the fees if it helps the businesses out or yourselves with any costs incurred

Ditto. Quite happy to donate fee and pay again next year.
May satan walk with you
Roobell7

Post by Roobell7 »

ssnowman wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:53 pm
Lazarus wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:16 pm as per the previous thread i can afford to lose the fees if it helps the businesses out or yourselves with any costs incurred

Ditto. Quite happy to donate fee and pay again next year.
Ditto here to. Good luck Si
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Inevitable but still gutting. Well done on your efforts anyway Si, much appreciated as always.

I'd also be happy to donate this year's fee to a fund of some sort to help local businesses who might be losing out. I suspect a good few of the crowd who were coming up from Manchester will think the same.

Don't know how you'd administer that like, good luck. :lol:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Unsurprising, but feel your pain in having to do this nonetheless.

I'd like a place next year, but happy to pay again and let this year's fee cover costs already incurred.
burty

Post by burty »

so what your saying is that your throwing me a birthday party next year june 27 :cool:
i am in then :-bd
ton

Post by ton »

me too.

and also happy to pay again.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

burty wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:53 pm so what your saying is that your throwing me a birthday party next year june 27 :cool:
i am in then :-bd
Stu is throwing one for me in Wales on the 30th August , special people us, obviously. :-bd

Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Right choice, see you 2021.
Growler

Post by Growler »

Thank you so much Boners, you are indeed all super lovely people. :-bd

I wouldn't know where to start distributing funds at this stage. Its all ring fenced with Eventbrite for now and is kept by them until the event runs. I think that just knowing that there will be a recovery next year will keep the businesses happy. I'm in regular contact with them and they are surviving for now.

Costs wise, I cover those anyway from my own pocket and its quite a modest amount, its more time intensive that fiscal, so its same as any other year really.

Most important is your support, and you have delivered that in spades. I'm going to reply to all the emails this weekend (i'm still working 12 hour days). Its really appreciated guys.

I'm really gutted about not being able to run this year. The tweeked route is outstanding and i couldn't wait to see you all enjoying it. Ginni had pulled out all the stops to make Saturday night vaguely exciting too. She has about 7-8 music acts lined up, good news being they have all confirmed that they will be there in 2021. We have some brilliant independent food and drink providers lined up too, man i was looking forward to that bit.

Oh well, we have another 13 months to plan and polish it to perfection now. All good things and all that.

Thanks again and keep safe out there
Si
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Much appreciated Si.

If there's some way I can contribute time, either around the time next year, or in the meantime in the planning/preparing, please let me know.
whonickedmename

Post by whonickedmename »

Feel for you and completely understand the decision.

Keep the dosh - really looking forward to next year! :grin:
windjammer

Post by windjammer »

is the event taking place this year,do you have to pay again
ton

Post by ton »

it is taking place. and i think last years fee covers you for this year. I THINK. I MAY BE WRONG.
ton

Post by ton »

26-27th june i think.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

ton wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:39 pm it is taking place. and i think last years fee covers you for this year. I THINK. I MAY BE WRONG.
This is my understanding too.
Growler

Post by Growler »

Hi Boners

Yes, event is still going ahead subject to the end of lockdown restrictions. All tickets for last year are still valid and there's nothing else to pay. A few of us have been heading down over the last few weeks checking out some new sections for the route. We have a few more doors to knock on before releasing the route in a few weeks time, website needs updating but most of the info on there is still relevent. Trails are running well if a little wet. :-bd

Si
ton

Post by ton »

looking for to it Si. :-bd
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Growler wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:48 am Hi Boners

Yes, event is still going ahead subject to the end of lockdown restrictions. All tickets for last year are still valid and there's nothing else to pay. A few of us have been heading down over the last few weeks checking out some new sections for the route. We have a few more doors to knock on before releasing the route in a few weeks time, website needs updating but most of the info on there is still relevent. Trails are running well if a little wet. :-bd

Si
:-bd

My only complaint is every time this thread pops up I see "postponed" before "2021" and my heart skips a beat :roll:
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

I’m looking forward to this, should be a green weekend, out of interest are people turning up on the Friday night?

ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

BigdummySteve wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:25 pm I’m looking forward to this, should be a green weekend, out of interest are people turning up on the Friday night?
I’m planning on camping at Goathland on the Friday night. Last time, I stayed in an airbnb near York, but I think there are more facilities at the camp this time.
May satan walk with you
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

BigdummySteve wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:25 pm I’m looking forward to this, should be a green weekend, out of interest are people turning up on the Friday night?
Yeah, will probably try and get the most out of it.