Bargain Alert Thread

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'm in no way condoning the carrying of a chair but that doesn't mean people don't buy them ....... and tables too. :shock:

https://rockrun.com/collections/helinox ... 648fe8be23
May the bridges you burn light your way
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:48 pm I'm in no way condoning the carrying of a chair but that doesn't mean people don't buy them ....... and tables too. :shock:

I saw the Camo ones aand thought they looked cool. Then I saw the price. :o
Dean

Post by Dean »

Some of the chairs pack down smaller than a one person tent, I have seen people who marshall events who have them as they fit inside small rucksacks. The table is stupid however.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:48 pm I'm in no way condoning the carrying of a chair
Indeed, or where would it all end :smile: (sorry Tim, special dispensation for you obv :wink: ).

Much easier/cheaper/lighter to obtain a chair in a pub for the duration of your requirement (you can get them FREE with a pint or two! Superb arrangement if you ask me) but if you're absolutely set on it how about this one for ten quid, a third off:

https://www.outdooraction.co.uk/camping ... qKEALw_wcB
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
yourguitarhero

Post by yourguitarhero »

Question about Rock n Run for folk who've bought off them before.
I bought a hammock in their Thermarest flash sale. When will it appear? That sale seems to be over now - well, all the hammocks have been bought.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

I have a little chair (bought at great expense from the US and brought over by my sister before the cheap chinese copies became available) but I don't use it for bikepacking.

I do however take a sit mat with me, comes on pretty much all my biking and walking trips. Massively useful bit of CCF, sitting, standing in your socks to get changed, etc
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

thermarest said it was a pay then then they buy - like sports pursuit do.
I bought some stuff at the start of it all this and it arrived in less than a week
Never had any issues with them[ 5 orders or thereabouts]
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

When will it appear?
They said expect flash sale items to take 5 days longer to arrive than usual.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Had great service from Rock & Run in the past :-bd
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:48 pm I'm in no way condoning the carrying of a chair but that doesn't mean people don't buy them ....... and tables too. :shock:

I thought the same , but on our very relaxed WRT last year I did get chair envy , Tim did look extremely comfy cooking and eating his breaky , but being a tight git I weighed the cost against usage and decided it was not for me (but still have the envy)
yourguitarhero

Post by yourguitarhero »

Well, order was placed 10 days ago. I'll give 'em til end of the week and see if it shows up before giving them a shout
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Well, order was placed 10 days ago.
I recall it was the kind of deal where nothing happens until the sale has ended which was last Tuesday + usual postage time (which experience says could be anything but usual) + an additional 5 days. End of the week sounds reasonable.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

The post is all weird at the moment - Cath ordered some t-shirts, they took two weeks to come, they were only sent from Skipton 4 miles away!

Shops/warehouses/etc. will have a lower number of staff packing things because of distancing rules so that will slow things down as well.

On a personal note, I've known Andy who owns Rock and Run for about forty years, he was the "Run" part of the business but he was also a top alpine climber. Definitely not of the Mike Astley mould.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

For when you can get back out into the wilderness, a cheap head net:

https://rockrun.com/collections/outdoor ... g-head-net
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

50% off Aussie Grit clothing https://aussiegritapparel.com/

I’ve just bought a couple of gilets and a jersey and They seem very good for the price.
Saw this and the subsequent chat last week and liked the look of the Flint shorts but as I prefer bibs, the Ignite ticked a lot of boxes. I went through the buying process as far as the delivery but stalled there as they wanted £11.50 to deliver to Spain and more importantly the website couldn't tell me how they proposed to send them. This is a problem as couriers won't deliver to my house as it's in the middle of nowhere and won't deliver to my PO box as the Post Office is only open till 11.30. A day or so later I received an email offering an extra 10% first order discount. Being cheeky I tried it on my pending order but their website won't take 2 discount codes (already used the 50% off code) I fired off an email and they were very helpful and reactive, they agreed to send the shorts by mail as I know this works and refunded my shipping fee in lieu of the discount code. Nice to deal with a company that's prepared to be flexible with good response times (are you listening R@pha, Wiggle, CRC, Planet X?)
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

Yeah, they seem great to deal with. I ordered three items, which seem to have gone missing in the mailing process (my brother ordered at the same time and his likewise went astray). Emailed AG and they are sending repeat order on 24hr delivery, or offered to refund.
Bish

Post by Bish »

Cheap scandal frames
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BNSCANDAL ... amp-bundle
Quite tempted myself, but I fancy the bootzipper.
Guess I'll just have to wait for the planet X crazy pricing structure to be in my favour.
stevewaters

Post by stevewaters »

yourguitarhero wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:35 pm Question about Rock n Run for folk who've bought off them before.
I bought a hammock in their Thermarest flash sale. When will it appear? That sale seems to be over now - well, all the hammocks have been bought.
I received the MSR Carbon Reflex 3 tent in their recent flash sale on Tuesday. I ordered it on 13th April.

- Delighted with the tent :-)
mfezela

Post by mfezela »

Cheap general purpose 27.5 tyres.

https://www.directsportseshop.co.uk/dsd ... ctID=31312

26" & 29" versions sold out.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Bish wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:52 am Cheap scandal frames
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BNSCANDAL ... amp-bundle
Quite tempted myself, but I fancy the bootzipper.
Guess I'll just have to wait for the planet X crazy pricing structure to be in my favour.
Oh FFS I have no self control :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bish

Post by Bish »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:29 pm

Oh FFS I have no self control :lol: :lol: :lol:
I gave in, I wanted a bootzipper but I've got a straggler so there would be quite a bit of overlap.
Just need to find some bargain forks and wheels now.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I wanted a bootzipper but I've got a straggler so there would be quite a bit of overlap.
Not really understanding the overlap. One's a mountainbike and the other isn't. However, I do appreciate that On-One have been fitting drops to Bootzippers and punting them as some type of gravel bike.
Bish

Post by Bish »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:15 pm
Not really understanding the overlap. One's a mountainbike and the other isn't. However, I do appreciate that On-One have been fitting drops to Bootzippers and punting them as some type of gravel bike.
[/quote]

I was looking at the bootzipper for a rigid bimbling about bike, I can and already do use my straggler for that. My plan with the scandal is to build something a bit more off road focused than either my straggler or what would of been my plans for the bootzipper are.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I was looking at the bootzipper for a rigid bimbling about bike, I can and already do use my straggler for that. My plan with the scandal is to build something a bit more off road focused than either my straggler or what would of been my plans for the bootzipper are.
With you :-bd :-bd
Tam

Post by Tam »

Cycle Surgery closing down sale. May be a random bargain for someone:

https://www.cyclesurgery.com/