Nostalgia food......

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Dan_K

Nostalgia food......

Post by Dan_K »

Was in the shops at lunch time and saw they had jelly babies on offer so grabbed a bag to munch at my desk this arvo.
Last time i'd eaten them was when I was on my Cairngorm trip earlier in the year and having a particularly low spot near the Tromie Dam. I'd saved the last couple as a reward for pushing on. Those jelly babies signified the last of the hardship (i'd nearly lost a shoe earlier in the day) and tasted amazing.
Just eating a few now brings back memories of that trip.

Anyone have any similar foods that do the same?
Firmo

Re: Nostalgia food......

Post by Firmo »

Hmmm, the smell of Red Bull brings back memories (or lack of) for the wrong reasons. I babysat Chubby Brown's grandkids when I was a boy, invited a friend and a few girls round and we raided their cupboards and mixed all spirits with Red Bull. :? Bad night.

Similarly, I can't bear chicken and mayonnaise together since a McChicken Burger disaster when I had glandular fever during adolescence!

I do love it though, when you're flying about on your bike and you take in waves of smells that trigger nostalgia, and have you dreaming of past adventures. 8-)
Firmo
didnothingfatal

Re: Nostalgia food......

Post by didnothingfatal »

Those dusted cured sausages you get in the Alps, remind me of some great trips, high fat plenty of fuel!