Bow-Tie Strap Anchors

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Jonathan

Bow-Tie Strap Anchors

Post by Jonathan »

I'd like to attach something, probably my tent, to my bosses on the underside of my downtube. Do I really need anything more than the bow tie strap anchors? Does a cage or something like the DeWidget Strap ‘Deck’ actually help much with stopping the item moving around?
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Bow-Tie Strap Anchors

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'd say that it depends on how small and to a degree, how rigid the load is. If it's a squishy mess in a drybag then a cage or deck will certainly help. If it's a tightly packed bundle that isn't too fat then bow-ties will likely work on their own.
May the bridges you burn light your way
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

I’d try some voile straps backed with some thin flexible plastic, bolts through both into the fork :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

I've used the Bow Ties under the down tube for a bit over a year and echo Stu's comments. They're perfect for what I fit them for, which is carrying my folding chair (did I mention I carry a chair?) which is rigid enough not to need any other support. A tent might be ok if the poles are in the bag, giving it some structure, but otherwise a deck of some sort would be wise.

I bought a couple these recently. Very cheap, nice and sturdy and come with a pretty good bag. The DeWidget Strap Deck might be a better option though as it doesn't have a base which might restrict how you strap your tent under there.

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BAPODTFB/ ... e-and-ties
I'm just going outside ...
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Thanks