Travel restrictions. Can anyone explain to me?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Borderer

Re: Travel restrictions. Can anyone explain to me?

Post by Borderer »

I think the idea is to minimise the potential for us to have to call upon the assistance of others ie by coming a cropper in a remote place or having a car break-down that needs recovery. If you have just walked from home then you can walk back, unless you have injured yourself somehow but hopefully you are reasonably accessible in that case. This is the ideal, but in the real world it can never be a one-size-fits all so it's now been relaxed. I expect many will use this as an excuse to take the piss though.
Laurensdad

Post by Laurensdad »

Borderer wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:09 pm I think the idea is to minimise the potential for us to have to call upon the assistance of others ie by coming a cropper in a remote place
As husband to a frontline NHS superstar this is exactly the thing.
Not just to spare a limited resource, people and ppe - but also to protect them and ourselves from infection,
Currently my mother in law is making gowns that will fit jules that can be laundered as supplies are short.
Be safe out there.

Phil
@philg1971 Instagram
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

I think that nothing has changed, use your common sense and don't be a dick. I'm still not going for a ride on my motorbike :roll:
Supermarkets are still the highest risk.....
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:53 pmnocarnognarnotfar rides
A perfect description of an ideal CV-19 acceptable bike ride. I like words and if I’d coined a phrase/word like that, I’d be very proud of myself.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Laurensdad wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:05 pm
Borderer wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:09 pm I think the idea is to minimise the potential for us to have to call upon the assistance of others ie by coming a cropper in a remote place
As husband to a frontline NHS superstar this is exactly the thing.
Not just to spare a limited resource, people and ppe - but also to protect them and ourselves from infection,
Currently my mother in law is making gowns that will fit jules that can be laundered as supplies are short.
Be safe out there.

Phil
+1 ,and 2