feck it. I'm sleeping outside.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

TheBrownDog

feck it. I'm sleeping outside.

Post by TheBrownDog »

It's bloody raining but the kids are at their mums and the dog is there too and for the past week I've been opening every window in the house to get fresh cold air through .... I think I just need to be outside, even if that is just hanging between my apple trees. Christ I miss the woods. So I'm out for the evening. Night folks ....
I'm just going outside ...
Laurensdad

Re: feck it. I'm sleeping outside.

Post by Laurensdad »

Sleep well.
@philg1971 Instagram
RIP

Post by RIP »

Top effort Tim. What a pro :-bd .

PS, Watch out for those pumas.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Enjoy mate - enjoy your series of naps :)
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Tim super nice sheep guy, I salute you :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Well. That was damp. My hurriedly pitched tarp was just a bit too high over my hammock letting a bit of rain in when the wind did its thing. Not enough to force me inside, or to get me up to lower the tarp which would have taken all of 30 seconds, but certainly enough to ensure that it was, indeed, a series of naps rather than a sleep. Still, I am much refreshed after a week of sitting in my kitchen staring at my compooter doing Skype meetings and emails.
PS, Watch out for those pumas.
Well, I was in fact visited by my neighbour's cat. Big black and white thing, she is. She sat with me for a few minutes before realising I wasn't going to feed her and taking off through the laurel. She is the source of the pile of feathers I found under the olive tree last week, I'm sure of it.
Tim super nice sheep guy, I salute you :-bd
Steve, how did we NOT get any photos of that episode? Me, holding that young ram from behind. You, wrestling with its head ...
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

I need some mind bleach
GirlBikeVan

Post by GirlBikeVan »

I stuck my tarp in the garden last weekend. Wasn't as great as expected. I was bathed in the light of the street lamp on the footpath at the back of the house and I woke up freezing!! :???:
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

TheBrownDog wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:17 am Steve, how did we NOT get any photos of that episode? Me, holding that young ram from behind. You, wrestling with its head ...

:shock:
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

PaulB2 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:21 am I need some mind bleach
All perfectly above board. WRT last year we found a ram stuck in a barbed wire fence, it's right horn wrapped in the top line. I held it still long enough for Steve to cut it free with his multi-tool wire cutters. Bloody ungrateful thing launched itself into me knocking me arse over tit backwards down the hill.

It was either later that day or perhaps the next we found a ewe with its head jammed through a wire fence. I went to assist but it saw me coming and panicked just enough to free itself before I could help.

As Steve notes above, I am very fond of sheep, having worked on a couple of sheep properties in Aussie as a teenager. They're really interesting animals and you can eat them or you can wear them. What's not to like?
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

But seriously folks ..... I'm sleeping out again tonight. And I may just make a habit of it. In fact ... something just occurred to me. If Captain Tom can raise over £20 million for the NHS by walking up and down his garden, how much can I raise for Shaf's ventilator fund by sleeping in my garden? Surely a sextillion or 2 is not beyond the realms of possibility. I will give this some thought .....

But, again, I digress.

I will be out again tonight and I hope as many of you lot will do so too.

I'm just back from a morning's graft at the horse yard and brought home a few dried old fence posts which I am going to saw up, split into bits and burn on my little fire stove. I have some tuna steaks to cook in a pan with peppers and tomatoes . I will probably drop those lot into a couple of tortilla wraps with some grated cheese. It's gonna be AWESUMZ.

Well, as long as my top and under quilt have dried. They're hanging up over the stairs. Should be fine ....
MuddyPete

Post by MuddyPete »

Sounds like you're embracing the Urban Adventurer lifestyle to the full, Tim. :-bd

How's the lockdown beard coming along?
Is it....
"The Corbyn" :???: ,
"The Bonington" :grin: or...
"The Full Blessed"? :cool:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brian-Blesse ... e946ac06e8
May you always have tail wind.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Mate I gave it two weeks and it was so itchy I had to scrape it off. How do people live with beards? My facial hair is like wire.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

TheBrownDog wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:58 pm
Mate I gave it two weeks and it was so itchy I had to scrape it off. How do people live with beards? My facial hair is like wire.
I grow a beard every winter. It takes a month or so to get used to it. And it's less itchy the longer it gets.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

TheBrownDog wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:12 pm But seriously folks ..... I'm sleeping out again tonight.
Hey Tim, I'll join you (remotely) tonight if you fancy not having any company.
It's raining here now as well, so I should have that nice Welsh bivi experience as well with the cold and damp hanging around.
MuddyPete

Post by MuddyPete »

TheBrownDog wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:58 pm Mate I gave it two weeks and it was so itchy I had to scrape it off. How do people live with beards?
Type 2 fun: I'm treating it as an endurance event :lol: .

It's the thought of getting the sprog to cut my hair in about 4 week's time that's more alarming.... :shock: .
May you always have tail wind.
Verena

Post by Verena »

TheBrownDog wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:58 pm How do people live with beards? My facial hair is like wire.
I know the feeling 😂
Verena

Post by Verena »

GirlBikeVan wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:24 am I stuck my tarp in the garden last weekend. Wasn't as great as expected. I was bathed in the light of the street lamp on the footpath at the back of the house and I woke up freezing!! :???:
Yep, have had all of that, it's crap isn't it? All those street lights, and my husband "kindly" kept on some lights in the house for me 🙈
Highlight was second per of the night, which I didn't dare do in the garden cos it was getting light by then....sneaked into the garage, found a random container, only to find out too late it had holes n the bottom 😱
barney

Post by barney »

I made a plan to kip in the garden every weekend of lockdown, the plan was for my daughter's to join me but they only lasted the first week, ha! 😁

So far I've used tarps, bivy bags and my Lunar Solo but I'm going in style tonight in a tent!
Wait for me...
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

JohnClimber wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:30 pm
TheBrownDog wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:12 pm But seriously folks ..... I'm sleeping out again tonight.
Hey Tim, I'll join you (remotely) tonight if you fancy not having any company.
It's raining here now as well, so I should have that nice Welsh bivi experience as well with the cold and damp hanging around.
Sorry mate, would have liked some "company" but didn't check the forum all afternoon. Had a great night though ... rain had stopped, my little fire was lovely and dinner went down well, though I did manage to burn the rice to the bottom of my pot. That will take some soaking.

Right. Can't sit around all morning. There's horse poop to pick up.