Blue Peter MYOG

Make your own gear? Talk about it here!

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

RIP

Blue Peter MYOG

Post by RIP »

No sticky backed plastic I'm afraid, just plastic.

I don't frequent MYOG very often because I'm crap at it, but when I do it's generally to offer something that costs the square-root of bugger all and weighs the same amount (who could forget the infamous milk-carton sleeping-bag zip anti-snagger :wink: )

I've had a couple of Friday snifters already so I'm prepared to embarrass myself by showing my patent drybag strap attachment lubricators. Had some barbags custom-made out of LS07 by AK a while ago (68g each!) but the straps didn't thread through very well. So, 2L milk carton, chop the tube-shaped handle off, cut it in two, and push the pieces into the bag attachments. Strap insertion suitably lubricated! I'll get me coat.....

R
Last edited by RIP on Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
sean_iow

Re: Blue Peter MYOG

Post by sean_iow »

If it works it works, it doesn't have to be 3D printed in titanium to be useful :grin:

I've got an old cream pot inside my ti pot, inspired by yours. Mine only keeps the windshield, stove, lighter etc. off the ti pot to keep it clean and not scratch it. I could have made a small bag to do this but rescuing an old cream pot out of the recycling bin was easier and cheaper :grin:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Reg, mate, what do you do weigh? Like, what, 63kg wringing wet? And fast as a greyhound on heat, with it. Time you gave this lot up. Buy a chair. Get comfy.
I'm just going outside ...
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Thats genius. I have similar probs. Will use that Reg ta
RIP

Post by RIP »

"Mine only keeps the windshield, stove, lighter etc. off the ti pot to keep it clean and not scratch it." - that's the very definition of house-proud :smile: (bivvy proud?)

"Buy a chair" - well I had my old Welsh farmhouse chair thing for my April garden bivvy. Admittedly I didn't carry it on the bike cos it weighed, er, 63kg :smile: .

(Dunno how you quote two separate posts in one reply.....)

BTW the only problem with the milk carton butchering scheme is when I put them back in the fridge afterwards Mrs Perrin can't work out why her breakfast milk spills all over the table when she pours it #-O X_X .....
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
trob6

Post by trob6 »

Just clicked on the picture Reg and which took me to the others, the one in the garden with the Viz annual is a particular favourite, keep up the good work :-bd
What's the worst than can happen?