The 'post'?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

The 'post'?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Is anyone experiencing vanishing, missing or delayed deliveries? I appreciate times are somewhat difficult but I'm wondering whether it's just me or something on a larger scale?
May the bridges you burn light your way
Bearlegged

Re: The 'post'?

Post by Bearlegged »

Definitely some delays, but I'm not aware of owt having vanished yet.
Al

Post by Al »

Yes. Send a memory stick with some films on to my folks and it still hasn’t arrived. Stuff posted at the same time got there 5 days ago.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Generally not bad. Couple of things a little longer than usual. One thing not arrived at all and despite a polite follow-up no response so far. Bit of a PITA as they've taken payment. Hey ho, will be patient and escalate with Card Co. if necessary.
Javi

Post by Javi »

Yep, we are 3 units in one big warehouse in North London. N4 and N8 have been struggling for a couple of weeks at least. Never seen anything similar in my 11 years at this job. And it's going to take ages to catch up. N15 (mine) have been delivering 100%100. I don't know in other places. The main reason, not enough posties + the huge amount of parcels, big parcels.
Nightmare for N4 and N8.
slarge

Post by slarge »

I guess throughput has gone up (as we're all ordering on line now) and posties are going down (self isolating, illness etc etc), so the inevitable outcome is delay.

Some of my stuff is taking a while. Irritatingly the stuff coming from China gets here quicker (despite the "shipping location" on ebay stating "UK").
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Obviously, it's all carriers effected and not just RM. My experience would perhaps also suggest that many companies while still operating are struggling to function properly. I chased a delivery of steel this morning that should have arrived last Friday. The girl told me that she'd checked and it was delivered on Monday ... turned up half an hour ago.
May the bridges you burn light your way
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

All normal here, though I've not actually been ordering much.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

post is erratic here but still getting through eventually
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

RM have had my Amazon parcel for over a week, not too bothered yet.

Also missing some pedals I bought on here a while ago but not chased it up
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Couriers been pretty good so far. The postie was turning up daily until the weekend - didn't appear Saturday, appeared Monday and yesterday, not today. Had a look at there website and they are compressing deliveries due to staff shortages which is fair dos as I don't need a piece of junk mail every day!
The Cumbrian

Post by The Cumbrian »

It's very erratic. Sometimes it seems faster than normal, other times it seems like it's being hoarded in a warehouse somewhere.
“I want to see the wild country again before I die, and the Mountains..."
Bilbo Baggins.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Plenty of junk mail this week, just what’s needed... :roll:
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

I think we've all got used to "next day" or "48hr" delivery. Those options do depend on full staffing so even a 10% shortfall is going to have an impact.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Oh how the other half life I am more used to buying for pence from China and waiting 6 weeks for delivery :cool:
I have not bought anything of late so cannot really say about services in general
Boab

Post by Boab »

Washing machine died on Tuesday, ordered a new one yesterday, arrived today. Still waiting on a chap sending me some Nerf blasters, evidently MyHermes haven't been round to collect, even with prodding. Swings and roundabouts I think...
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Post is reasonable on the other side of the planet. My DT Swiss freehub body and endcaps arrived in 2 days from across Brisbane.

Greetz

S.
metalheart

Post by metalheart »

I’ve not been buying much (the usual ‘small’ stuff, no big ticket items).

I ordered a replacement aeropress plunger seal that arrived the next day and a cd (admittedly from Germany) that took over 3 weeks. I live on the Black Isle though (which apparently isn’t on the mainland according to some couriers) and it can be a bit of a lottery at times (without a National emergency).

Amazon is adding a week to delivery times (and usually delivering ‘early’, well, once they can find my house... did I mention where I live already?).

At least I’m in for deliveries at the moment :lol:

All in all it seems to have settled down to around ‘normal’.
Give the dirt a little room.