Source for foam spacers?

Make your own gear? Talk about it here!

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

oreocereus

Source for foam spacers?

Post by oreocereus »

I'm using this time and my now lack of income to make a handlebar roll harness. I have scavenged most needed parts from around the house, but would like to use some foam spacers to fit with my brakes.

Any ideas where I can source some from online?
Shewie

Re: Source for foam spacers?

Post by Shewie »

I might be able to source something for you, we get all sorts of IT equipment delivered with different types of foam packing.
I’ll see what we have when I’m in the office tomorrow.
oreocereus

Post by oreocereus »

Hey that'd be really handy. I might have jammed something together with some old hose and thin packing foam, but proper thicker foam would be ideal.
drjon

Post by drjon »

backcountry.scot have some - varied sizes...
oreocereus

Post by oreocereus »

Thanks!
Mart

Post by Mart »

Like these on ebay? 5060468270051
2924 miles per Gallon
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

Forgot to reply sorry, I did check at work but the foam we currently have is probably a bit too squishy.

I know the stuff you mean as I have it on my Restrap harness, we're due a delivery of more kit in the next few weeks so I'll see what we get.
oreocereus

Post by oreocereus »

Mart wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:25 pm Like these on ebay? 5060468270051
Yep, those are great, but a little on the pricey side for a low/no budget MYOG project. Fit for purpose, though.
Shewie wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:06 pm Forgot to reply sorry, I did check at work but the foam we currently have is probably a bit too squishy.

I know the stuff you mean as I have it on my Restrap harness, we're due a delivery of more kit in the next few weeks so I'll see what we get.
No worries, cheers mate. I think for now I can repurpose something from around the house, unsure how well they'll work, but we'll see. Only last month I got rid of the unused part of my cut down foam pad after a year of it sitting in the closet before I finally decided I wouldn't find a use for it :roll: