Cabin Fever 2020

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

dlovett

Cabin Fever 2020

Post by dlovett »

I was the token Brit that rode the first one last year and loved it. The organisers have made a few tweaks to make this year's even better. Currently BA return flights are £85 including the bike and the local coach was about £6 each way.

Sweden is an amazing place and the locals are soooooo friendly. The organisation crew are brilliant and have a real passion for it.

If anybody needs and more information about what it was like just let me know

d

http://www.laleprestanca.se/event/cabin-fever/
frogatthefarriers

Re: Cabin Fever 2020

Post by frogatthefarriers »

Y' see, I'd love to try something like this, but I know I never will. That's why I'll always be like a frog at the farriers; holding my foot up for a shoe but can't have one 'coz I'm not a horse - even though I think I am :sad:
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

frogatthefarriers wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:40 pm Y' see, I'd love to try something like this, but I know I never will. That's why I'll always be like a frog at the farriers; holding my foot up for a shoe but can't have one 'coz I'm not a horse - even though I think I am :sad:
Why not try it? The countryside was amazing the people were very friendly and nearly all spoke perfect English. It wasn't any more expensive to eat/drink than London is. I had a great time, a real adventure.
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

dlovett wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:46 pm
frogatthefarriers wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:40 pm Y' see, I'd love to try something like this, but I know I never will. That's why I'll always be like a frog at the farriers; holding my foot up for a shoe but can't have one 'coz I'm not a horse - even though I think I am :sad:
Why not try it?
'Coz there's too much going on at home - I don't want to be too far away from wife with rheumatoid arthritis or Mum with dementia in care home. Hmmm... maybe if I push 'em down the stairs?
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

How remote is it Duncan? Does it pass through towns etc for meals/beers/resupply?
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

frogatthefarriers wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:12 pm 'Coz there's too much going on at home - I don't want to be too far away from wife with rheumatoid arthritis or Mum with dementia in care home. Hmmm... maybe if I push 'em down the stairs?
It's admirably selfless of you to sacrifice these things for your family's sake. But do remember that you need to look after yourself as well, in order to be in a good position to help them. That might mean making some arrangements for friends/family to cover your duties for a bit while you have some time away doing what you want to do. You'll appreciate it more, and hopefully everyone will end up happier in the end. Just a thought.
MuddyPete

Post by MuddyPete »

TNW makes a good point :smile:.
You may find the support is already out there; it's just waiting for you to ask for it :d.
May you always have tail wind.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

In Reverse wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:20 am How remote is it Duncan? Does it pass through towns etc for meals/beers/resupply?
Yes and no. If it stays the same as last year which it will mainly be, there are some resupply places, but I did carry food and had a decent supply at the base camp for in between the loops. I did get a really good pizza on both the first two loops and ate at the base camp when I returned, Some of it is very remote, but there are villages enrolee, just not don't have shops. You need to be strategic with your timings as the 3nd is a bank holiday and pretty much everything is closed.

It's not really worse than some BB rides.
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

I've signed up for this and booked my flights.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Richpips wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:24 pm I've signed up for this and booked my flights.
I'll msg you about onward transport options
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Hmmmmm........
Mart

Post by Mart »

Im liking the look of this but cant do this year.. Very interested to hear more
2924 miles per Gallon
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Looks like I'm joining the party. Flights / ticket booked.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

So we now have an Englishman, Welshman and Scotsman. Any Irish folk going to join us representing the British Isles?
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

:lol:
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Sadly in light of the current climate, I'm not going to be attending this year. It's still on according to the organisers, if you are brave enough to go. I'm now just waiting for BA to cancel the flights so I can get a refund rather than me canceling it and getting a voucher as we will be taking any holidays we can once it's ok to do so, n the UK to help the local tourism industry.

Unlike the Italy Divide lot, the Cabin Fever organisers are totally cool with refunding the entrance fee.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Aren't we all currently doing cabin fever 2020? :lol:
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

It's still on according to the organisers
Until their government decides it is not.

I'm holding off cancelling for now though
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

BA have now cancelled the outbound flight and of course offer a voucher. To actually get your money back you have to get hold of them which is pretty much impossible these days. I certainly don't want a voucher as it could be worthless if they go under in six months as pointed out by RG. Of course they have now emailed asking if I want to cancel the return leg so I guess I will have to wait a few more days till they decide to cancel it before I can repeat the refund procedure.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Richpips wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:13 pm
It's still on according to the organisers
Until their government decides it is not.

I'm holding off cancelling for now though
How are you getting there with no flights to Sweden?
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Be surprised if the government doesn't end up forcing their hand. It's just a matter of time.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Richard G wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:16 pm Be surprised if the government doesn't end up forcing their hand. It's just a matter of time.
Sweden seems to be taking a very relaxed attitude to the outbreak and most are carrying on as normal.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

That really only lasts until you start rolling up the refrigerated trucks to use as temporary morgues.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Postponed for international riders...
Never before have “Cabin Fever” been such a hot topic.

For international riders
It is with a heavy heart we’ve come to the conclusion that we must postpone Cabin Fever 2020 to 2021 for all international riders.

You now have a choice to make:
1. Save your ticket until 2021, we keep the registration fee and you are guaranteed a place at Cabin Fever 2021. If you for some reason are unable to participate in 2021, we will pay back the fee when it's needed.
2. Let us know if you want us to pay back the registration fee directly.
Note: Then we can´t guaranteed a ticket to Cabin Fever 2021.
Please send an email to info@laleprestanca.se and inform us of your choice. FYI, we are a small team working with Cabin Fever and we will pay back the fee as soon as we can.
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

I've reserved a spot for next year.