The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

FLV

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by FLV »

Postie brought a spiffy looking bar harness following my thread on bag vs harness.

A rather nice product from Straightcut again.

Also a tapered drybag to fit my wildcat seat harness, 8L from Restrap.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

FLV wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:00 pm Postie brought a spiffy looking bar harness following my thread on bag vs harness.

A rather nice product from Straightcut again.

Also a tapered drybag to fit my wildcat seat harness, 8L from Restrap.
Out of curiosity do you have the bigger or smaller wildcat harness? I've got the smaller and a 6l drybag so I was pondering the 8l restrap bag to get a bit more capacity at the back.
FLV

Post by FLV »

PaulB2 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:26 pmOut of curiosity do you have the bigger or smaller wildcat harness? I've got the smaller and a 6l drybag so I was pondering the 8l restrap bag to get a bit more capacity at the back.

I have both... cos... well... yeah... cant help myself :lol:

I have tried the 14L restrap dry bag (tapered) which is hard work.
Shall I do a trial fit of the 8L in each of the wildcat harness in the garage this evening and feedback? I'll just stuff it with clothes for ease of shape messing.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

FLV wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:36 pm
PaulB2 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:26 pmOut of curiosity do you have the bigger or smaller wildcat harness? I've got the smaller and a 6l drybag so I was pondering the 8l restrap bag to get a bit more capacity at the back.

Shall I do a trial fit of the 8L in each of the wildcat harness in the garage this evening and feedback? I'll just stuff it with clothes for ease of shape messing.
Ta
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Postman brought me an Aeropress Go or Aeropress Stay At Home as it might have to be for now. Cheers for the tip off Northwind :-bd

I've also got a parcel to collect from the post office which should be a Stans Arch rim so I can get on with rebuilding the rear wheel on the singlespeed.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
FLV

Post by FLV »

PaulB2 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:02 pm
FLV wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:36 pm

Ta
Not sure how close to 8L it will be. PAcked below with plenty of room to spare (2/3 or 3/4 full ish) and no big wrestle to get it compact, its quite a wide taper in the 'height'

Here is that bag jammed into the small wildcat, theres a bit of dead space at the bottom of the harness that filled a little with some squishing about (more difficult with a rammed drybag of course)
ImageImage

Same drybag in the same packed condition in the large wildcat harness for comparison.

You can of course attempt to pack the thing in situ on the bike, much harder to do with actual kit that with riding jackets and drybags of course. Here that is, repacked with the dry bag stuffed in the harness and items added in situ.

I feel its a bit of a force fit in the small, but would work.

Hope that helps
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

FLV wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:28 pm Hope that helps
Yes, thanks, that does help a lot
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

24" monitor delivered yesterday. Been meaning to get one for a while but being told to work from home for the indefinite finally pushed me to splurge the cash. The boy is eyeing it for gaming - damn the school shutdowns!
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

sean_iow wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:27 pm Postman brought me an Aeropress Go or Aeropress Stay At Home as it might have to be for now. Cheers for the tip off Northwind :-bd

I've also got a parcel to collect from the post office which should be a Stans Arch rim so I can get on with rebuilding the rear wheel on the singlespeed.
Really should get one :smile:
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

an inflatable pillow
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

A new fan for the turbo, well me on the turbo if we are being pedantic. Gone from a gentle sea breeze to Storm Ciara :lol: It shifts 15 cubic metres of air a minute!
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

sean_iow wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:27 pm Postman brought me an Aeropress Go or Aeropress Stay At Home as it might have to be for now.
I really must get another l, best coffee maker about, I got rid of my gaggia after buying one.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Raggedstone

Post by Raggedstone »

With a Cumulus 150 quilt following voodoo_simons 20% off at Rock and Run tip .
It may turn out to be a wise buy
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:14 am 24" monitor delivered yesterday. Been meaning to get one for a while but being told to work from home for the indefinite finally pushed me to splurge the cash. The boy is eyeing it for gaming - damn the school shutdowns!
Ah, I remember the joy of setting up my dual 24 inch monitors for the first time.
After many years of service, they both eventually died, and were replaced by a single 43 in model - can highly recommend this, if you tend to have multiple apps running at the same time.
It's particularly vaguely exciting when planning rides, and you have your mapping window full-screen
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

whitestone wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:47 pm A new fan for the turbo, well me on the turbo if we are being pedantic. Gone from a gentle sea breeze to Storm Ciara :lol: It shifts 15 cubic metres of air a minute!
Having just started using a turbo trainer (a.k.a. the sauna) I'd like to know which one you bought
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

belugabob wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:45 am
whitestone wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:47 pm A new fan for the turbo, well me on the turbo if we are being pedantic. Gone from a gentle sea breeze to Storm Ciara :lol: It shifts 15 cubic metres of air a minute!
Having just started using a turbo trainer (a.k.a. the sauna) I'd like to know which one you bought
It’s the vacmaster air mover. Search for cleva.uk.com there’s a discount code-> trainerroad10 drops the price to £63
Ian

Post by Ian »

... with a nice vintage, but still 100% functional, stonemason's hammer.
Looks like 2020 will be a good year for doing the landscaping work in garden.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

2 Jumbo Jims in a mahoosive box.

From ebay at half new price (only £74 the pair!) so bought in advance of requirement.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Ooh a ribbed rear guard for project 'Deathtrap'. I've just hit it with a cutting disc and it fits a treat now :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

ScotRoutes wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:29 pm 2 Jumbo Jims in a mahoosive box.

From ebay at half new price (only £74 the pair!) so bought in advance of requirement.
Let us know what you think of them, may turn my love hate* relationship with my bike into a more love love relationship

*on nates at the moment
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I was running Nates and/or HuDus on my 9zero7 but the Cube Nutrail came fitted with 4.4" JJs and they've been great for most of the 900km I've ridden it, certainly good enough that I'm happy to have these to have as eventual replacements.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

voodoo_simon wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:46 pm
ScotRoutes wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:29 pm 2 Jumbo Jims in a mahoosive box.

Let us know what you think of them, may turn my love hate* relationship with my bike into a more love love relationship

*on nates at the moment
Nates are heavy brutes of tyres, I knocked a kilo off Cath's bike just by swapping them for Ednas which are also much wider tyres - 4.3" rather than 3.8". Not tried JJs so can't comment on those. Mine had Husker Dus from when I bought it from Ian but now have Vanhelgas.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

A Sea To Summit Nano Pyramid Mosquito Net. I've got a length of zip on the way as well. I fancy trying to make a net tent using this and some groundsheet material I have. I find sewing fine mesh tricky so this is a good start and hopefully the tricky bit done for me. It will be for the SMD Deschutes so I'll have to pitch that in the garden to check the dimensions which will get the neighbours attention.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

In my excitement to cut my new mudguard up, I forgot that I also got a book on making crossbows. This will likely be me by summer's end :-bd

May the bridges you burn light your way
Cyclepeasant

Post by Cyclepeasant »

Are you using a pre unit motor Stu?
Which one? British I assume?
Insanity over vanity