Italy Divide ...not refunding entry fee am I allowed to be miffed!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

postierich

Italy Divide ...not refunding entry fee am I allowed to be miffed!

Post by postierich »

Now sent a couple of emails asking for a refund as I cannot make the new date and not sure what I am doing next year so asked for a refund . Jack the guy running it says I can transfer it next year to another rider but I don't want the hassle I want the money to do other stuff this year. Flights have not been cancelled yet so there could be the chance we as a group of four might still go to Italy. Now the sum of 130 euros is not to be sniffed at in my circumstances at the minute. Just peeved off as apparently he has sold all the entries but struggling to see where the 130 euros has been spent on I did not hire the tracker.
PS anyone want and entry for the ID 2021 :cool:
Lazarus

Re: Italy Divide ...not refunding entry fee am I allowed to be miffed!

Post by Lazarus »

I would be miffed in your shoes so Miffed i would probably do a stealth advert :lol:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

How did you pay Rich? No chance of getting your money back via the bank, card company or paypal?
May the bridges you burn light your way
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

It does seem a bit of a cheek, if you're an organiser you either take out insurance to cover such eventualities or take it on the chin.

It's not like he's hired loos, marquees, bands, caterers etc. and had to pay deposits.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Yes... Totally miffed... rest of pist deleted cos yes I do indeed sound like what Shand said... :sad:

Hopefully Rich you shall able to get it sorted but :sad: for you for their response
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redefined_cycles

My apologies for my rant and I totally agree with Mr Shand below. Item deleted. Yes you shohld be miffed
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

I'm not sure holding the Italians responsible for Taiwanese brakes is entirely logical.
(TRP = Tektro Racing Products)
stevenshand

Post by stevenshand »

redefined_cycles wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:51 pm Yes... Totally miffed. I find Italians*...

...Most people hardly work....

*am I allowed to say that. If not I'm sorry.
You sound like a dick.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Sorry to puncture your anti Italian rant Shaf but TRP or Tektro Racing Products are US based, their components are made in the far east like 99% of other cycle products. You may have had customer service issues with an Italian seller but they are not responsible for the inherent quality of the product.
redefined_cycles

stevenshand wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:22 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:51 pm Yes... Totally miffed. I find Italians*...

...Most people hardly work....

*am I allowed to say that. If not I'm sorry.
You sound like a dick.
I thought that Steven. Was coming to edit and delete..
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Edit and PMd.
Last edited by Escape Goat on Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
redefined_cycles

pistonbroke wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:26 pm Sorry to puncture your anti Italian rant Shaf but TRP or Tektro Racing Products are US based, their components are made in the far east like 99% of other cycle products. You may have had customer service issues with an Italian seller but they are not responsible for the inherent quality of the product.
Like I said to Steven... :o i hang my head in shame
redefined_cycles

pistonbroke wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:26 pm Sorry to puncture your anti Italian rant Shaf but TRP or Tektro Racing Products are US based, their components are made in the far east like 99% of other cycle products. You may have had customer service issues with an Italian seller but they are not responsible for the inherent quality of the product.
I've been enlightened... and so starts my long but sharp road to recovery.. :cry:
slarge

Post by slarge »

But back on topic, yes, you’re right to be miffed Rich. I could never work out where the entry fee was put back into the event - there are banners and a logo’d car at the start, a banner at the end. A sports hall hired, and a bar at the finish.....

I reckon that’s £2k spent, but £100x 500 is a lot more than that.....
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Have the organisers not cancelled the event due to the C-19 lockdown? I can't imagine the Italian authorities would be happy if they get wind of it.

Will be interested to see how the Tuscany Trail organisers deal with this. If the flights are not cancelled, I will go, but given how things are rapidly moving, I think cancellation is (sadly) inevitable,
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

ZeroDarkBivi wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:02 pm Have the organisers not cancelled the event due to the C-19 lockdown? I can't imagine the Italian authorities would be happy if they get wind of it.

Yes they have. Rich's complaint is that they have rescheduled to when he cant do and wont refund.

Im trying to see both sides here. Things in Italy must be horrendous right now and it must be difficult to see straight about anything, but if participants cant make the re-scheduled date then surely a refund is appropriate?

I think event organisers need to be much more proactive about managing events during this crisis and appreciate their cash cows pay well in good times, but right now people need do the right thing. Running a mass participation event at the moment is as stupid as turning up for one*.

Edit: @PostieRich Actually mate a bit of patience here and polite feedback and you will probs get your refund once things arent so crazy.

Edit2: *not because we might catch owt, we will all be fine, but we might conduit it to someone more vulnerable