Have you lost a magnet?

Make your own gear? Talk about it here!

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Have you lost a magnet?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

It would appear that a few magnets are coming adrift from the new magnetic windshields - so, apologies. I'm thinking it's likely to do with how tightly I've rolled them up which is causing them to 'ping' off. If it's happened to yours and you'd prefer not to stick it back on yourself, I'll obviously and happily sort it out for you. Just give me a shout.
May the bridges you burn light your way
ericrobo

Re: Have you lost a magnet?

Post by ericrobo »

How do I buy one Stuart ?

Just been to Shop and can’t see any mention of a windshield with magnet...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Like this Eric. Next batch and those after will feature the smaller diameter magnets as they appear to remove the potential for any pinging when tightly rolled.
Okay then, first lot sorted and ready.

I've changed the magnets for something a little thinner to reduce the amount of 'stick' - they still stick but you don't have to fight to remove it :wink: I've forgone the holes around the top so should you wish to shorten it you can just with (good) scissors or by use of a decent knife and scoring. Height 'as is' is 105mm and weight inc' the velcro band is 10g.

I'll make more today but we can get the ball rolling. If you'd like one it'll cost you £15 posted and you can paypal it to stuart@bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk and remember that I'll need your address.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I was thinking I'd store mine rolled in a mug/pot, so at the diameter of the inner. I'm assuming that will avoid the problem anyway?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I was thinking I'd store mine rolled in a mug/pot, so at the diameter of the inner. I'm assuming that will avoid the problem anyway?
Yes, it should colin. It's the tight radius that's caused the problem.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Yeah, the middle magnet on mine is barely hanging on. I assume something like Evo-Stick would fix it?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Yeah, the middle magnet on mine is barely hanging on. I assume something like Evo-Stick would fix it?
It will or araldite or silicone sealer too. There's virtually no heat on the bottom half so nothing 'heat-proof' required.