Restrap Adventure Race Range

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Boab

Restrap Adventure Race Range

Post by Boab »

Restrap Adventure Race Range available for pre-order on 20th March. Why bother with a handlebar harness, when you can fit a saddle bag harness to your tri-bars! 😲

There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Restrap Adventure Race Range

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I think the tri-bar harness makes a lot of sense. I can see them doing well with that.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Boab

Post by Boab »

I meant to edit that to clarify that I'm actually interested, especially in the tri-bar harness. I'm just about to put my old tri-bars on my bike, with the sole aim of lifting my existing Restrap harness so that it stops rubbing on the front wheel... 🙄

That harness looks a much neater solution, although it does look like you'd need a much lighter gear selection that I have at the moment. Will be interesting to see how much it costs.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

it does look like you'd need a much lighter gear selection that I have at the moment.
I think that's maybe the point behind the range. It seems to be very much geared towards those travelling light / fast.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

I've been really impressed with both my Restraps (a belt that holds over 50lb of belly and a 4.5L wProof saddlebag off thanks to someone off of here) so can see myself buying directly again...

Really interested in that toptube bag. Any news whether its waterproof and if its bigger than 1L... Looks to be well made and reminds of that Australian BBD stuff...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Any news whether its waterproof
If it has a zip, then no.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

the second pic on instagram seems to show the zip has a flap it is integrated with the size of the top- that closes and covers the top as you close it . Given this I would imagine its pretty good at stopping water ingress,
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

The second pic on instagram seems to show the zip has a flap it is integrated with the size of the top- that closes and covers the top as you close it . Given this I would imagine its pretty good at stopping water ingress,
Highly water resistant maybe but actually waterproof?
jameso

Post by jameso »

Looks like a good range, some good ideas there. Like the seat pack positioning, I made a really light (~80g) road-packer holster that puts my sleeping gear in that sort of position, more vertical. But I think you'd need to be packing seriously light for that tri-bar bag to not mess with the handling of a light road bike. Imagine a tough, slow climb spent wrestling with 2kg+ swinging that far out. I'd be tempted to try a micro front rack if I had a 1kg+ roll and a tri bar prevented a bar roll/bag position.
Last edited by jameso on Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redefined_cycles

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:13 pm
The second pic on instagram seems to show the zip has a flap it is integrated with the size of the top- that closes and covers the top as you close it . Given this I would imagine its pretty good at stopping water ingress,
You'd be surprised Stu... I have the waterproof laminated TT bag from your favourite equipment/clothing supplier (r*pha... sorry :smile: ) and it came as 'waterproof'... have been testing over a year now and I think I even kept tissue in there to check... waterproof: totally (but I do make sure I dont stretch the bag by packing too tightly whereby making the seal of the zipper useless)...

Best 'not much*' quid I spent on a BP bag and will spend full price when it dies (£40ish)... Bought it not long after my Note4 died in a swamp (its own otterbox case which were both on the handlebars in a nasty downpour)...
redefined_cycles

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:13 pm
Highly water resistant maybe but actually .. But I do see your point
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

You need to ride in Wales more Shaf :wink:
redefined_cycles

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:17 pm You need to ride in Wales more Shaf :wink:
:lol: thats a fair point aswell... I have my yellow swanky drybag for that (exped I think)... :-bd
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

I think it depends on what you mean by waterproof - which in this sense i mean wont let in rain rather than I can take it diving with me
I assume its pretty good at that with the flap - even my cheap rockbro with exposed "waterproof zip" does not leak though I have only done one 24 hour ride in perma rain [ yes I was surprised no I dont put anything in there i need to stay dry[ unless in a bag]
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

My Revelate Yakataga has a zip and is waterproof. It was designed for packrafters who wanted somewhere to store valuables and electronics safe from immersion.

In fact, some of the packrafts have air-proof/waterproof zips built right into the hull to allow storage.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

apparently even dry suits and space suits have zips on them
Never realised you could get an actual airtight zip but appernetly you can
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

My Revelate Yakataga has a zip and is waterproof. It was designed for packrafters who wanted somewhere to store valuables and electronics safe from immersion.

In fact, some of the packrafts have air-proof/waterproof zips built right into the hull to allow storage.
I do appreciate that some zips are actually waterproof and even air tight but I very much doubt that those fitted to this luggage will be ... happy to be proved wrong mind. :wink:
redefined_cycles

Range now on their website... Seems TT bag is just shy (by a penny) of £60 with a 28 day lead time. Not sure if anyone still buying any sort of kit at the mo but its here for a peek and prices...

https://restrap.com/products/race-top-tube-bag
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Restrap tends to deign very good kit and yes it well before release. I used to sell it at one time and never had single problem from any customer that bought it. I still use the bar and saddle harness and they are both still as good as the day I got them.
redefined_cycles

dlovett wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:57 pm Restrap tends to deign very good kit and yes it well before release. I used to sell it at one time and never had single problem from any customer that bought it. I still use the bar and saddle harness and they are both still as good as the day I got them.
Agreed... The Restrap I bought from some kind soul off here: 4.5L saddlebag... Tis nice indeed